Z24 dipstick reads wrong?

patrickt

Hello All!

Firstly, my concern is for a carburated Z24 engined Terrano. I`m kinda puzzled with my oil dipstick reading. I just did an oil and oil filter change (admittedly i used an oil filter for a Z20 engine, so its about an inch smaller in diameter).

I understand that the oil capacity for the Z24 is 4.3 Liters (with oil filter change). So i poured 4 liters in and waited about an hour before i checked the oil dipstick level. Upon checking, the oil level looked to be only about halfway or slightly more than halfway between the min and maximum mark. Is this normal at all? I expected it to be at least 3/4 way up to the max level mark.

There were no noticeable oil leaks. Using a slightly smaller filter should in fact cause the dipstick to read a bit higher sooner, right? Maybe the previous owner pit in the wrong dipstick? Anyone have any ideas? I of course dont want to overfill or underfill. Is there maybe a "special" way to change oil on this engine??? Hoping for your soonest responses so i can get the family vehicle back on the road asap. Thank You!

patrick

Oh, in connection with my concern about my possibly wrong Z24 dipstick(???), could anyone pls take measurements of their dipstick so i can compare it to mine? I would appreciate the following measurements:

1) Tip of the dipstick till the minimum indicator

2) Tip of the dipstick till the maximum indicator

3) Tip of the dipstick till the other end of the dipstick (but just the part that actually goes in the

engine, that you cant see of course).

Your accuracy and soonest response would be appreciated :). Thank You!

patrick