Polaris DAGOR: US Military Light Vehicle

Precise1

Back to the lighter, more manuverable vehicles, sort of... It weighs as much as a Pathy, roughly the same size, seems to be far tougher, diesel driven with a 3,000lb payload. Yeah, I'd like to check one out!

ol4xo77ympi4zj4gc6t3.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/the-armys-next-gen-combat-vehicles-are-half-sized-warth-1643912269

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/military/combat/dagor-military-tan

B

That is pretty sweet. Too bad they didn't have those when I was in. I worked on the 1st gen hummers. They were big, but would go almost anywhere. The worst part of working on them was trying to figure out how the drivers damaged what they did.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As a army mechanic I can hardly wait to work on it besides of my POS Bradley.

Hey how about those humvee's? I don't know if it was our motor pool or what but all our vehicles just seemed to be pieces of crap! I'm talking mostly about the troop carriers, not the hard shell turtle back that the CO's putt around in and look cool. They were always leaking oil from somewhere or something.

Where you stationed at?

As I never saw the questions posted before, I'll answer them now. The military uses pos vehicle that always are super hard or annoying to fix, and break all the time. The Humvee is quite easy to work on while the Bradley is like sticking you hand into a running blender.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Such is the nature of most military vehicles, hence why driver maintenance is SOP as soon as the vehicles stop rolling and why we usually only ever run half our fleet since the other half is getting worked on. This goes for anything from tanks to light wheeled.

That "light" rig up top looks pretty cool but as soon as it deploys and starts taking casualties they will start slapping armour on it all around and before you know it you have another up armoured not so light humvee

Edited by CDN_S4