New rear bumper for my "95 WD

Looks good. I've thought about moving my license plate to the tire rack, but due to my spare tire being in the way, its my only vehicle that never gets tickets form red light cameras. Just a thought though, you could build a bracket for your plate to slide into your receiver hitch. When you build your front, if you plan for a possible 2" winch mount, it could go there when trailering.

Well, spare tire rack is on and looks pretty good. One thing that I didn't think of was this: 7d3e11f1a16646535a5191cb7bb666c3.jpg

There's barely a 1/2" gap between the ball and the spare. I guess that's insurance in case I forget to latch the trailer ::shrug::

But, looks good anyway.

174dd5a5bbf52258676b8f41d357f792.jpg

Definitely not another around like it ::thumbsup::

Bubba.....

Looks good. I've thought about moving my license plate to the tire rack, but due to my spare tire being in the way, its my only vehicle that never gets tickets form red light cameras. Just a thought though, you could build a bracket for your plate to slide into your receiver hitch. When you build your front, if you plan for a possible 2" winch mount, it could go there when trailering.

Run a few red lights do ya fish?? LOL!! At this point the spare tire rack is the best option for me. Just have to fab up the mount. As well I think it'll wind up on the drivers side of the rack. It will hang off about 6" or so, but, oh well, it's my best option. Maybe.

Bubba.....

The majority of the steel that I used was 3/16". I did use some 3" channel and 2" angle that was 1/4", so, it's plenty stout. Going to do something similar with the front, but, I will be building off of the factory grill guard, just remounting it to make it stronger.

Bubba.....

The bumper looks spot on, was wondering how you were going to incorporate the spare tire carrier onto the new bumper, i plan to do this eventually with my r50 it will be a little different than the wd21, but the fabrication of the bumper looks great!

I plan on leaving the factory carrier. What I am going to do is move the spare tire to the right about 6 inches to make room for the license plate and a high lift jack, eventually.

I am actually thinking of a shorty front, not the full width of the front. I'd also though of trimming the front fenders to give a better approach angle.

Bubba.....

The bumper looks spot on, was wondering how you were going to incorporate the spare tire carrier onto the new bumper, i plan to do this eventually with my r50 it will be a little different than the wd21, but the fabrication of the bumper looks great!

Spare tire carriers are actually pretty simple. There are several companies that offer kits. Since mine came with a factory carrier, tabbing one wasn't necessary. Now, if your truck doesn't have a carrier, it's easy to incorporate into a bumper such as this.

Bubba.....