where do i sign up for one of these?

sw

Interesting, MQ's are leaf sprung. I recognise the radius arms from the GQ, and the same with a few other bits. Interesting that the width of the MQ axle is suitable!!!

I have my doubts the GQ would be, and even so, the diff head is on the other side on the GQ.

Steering components easily swaped over to left hand drive!!!

• 2 months later...
Interesting, MQ's are leaf sprung. I recognise the radius arms from the GQ, and the same with a few other bits. Interesting that the width of the MQ axle is suitable!!!

I have my doubts the GQ would be, and even so, the diff head is on the other side on the GQ.

Steering components easily swaped over to left hand drive!!!

Supprisingly the MQ/MK are the exact same width as the Pathy rear. The ends had to but die grinded (2 day job) so the whole thing could be swapped over (pumkin was on the wrong side).

If I had to do it again I would just get a Jeep front end (weak as piss though) and change my rear ratios to 4.88. Less mucking around.

what the hell kinda jack was that? never seen it before, btw whats MQ or GQ or whatever the hell ya'll are talkin about

1989 Nissan GQ Patrol/Safari

Dsc03833.jpg

That is an awsome job you did with the SAS!!!

I didn't realise that you had to swap the diff head round though!!!!

My Safari will have a small amount of Pathfinder in it soon, the Rear LSD from the Pathfinder fits my front diff, so together with my Detroit in the back, and the tweaked up LSD i might start to get a little ground back on those rock crawling boys :D

what the hell kinda jack was that? never seen it before, btw whats MQ or GQ or whatever the hell ya'll are talkin about

1989 Nissan GQ Patrol/Safari

Dsc03833.jpg

That is an awsome job you did with the SAS!!!

I didn't realise that you had to swap the diff head round though!!!!

My Safari will have a small amount of Pathfinder in it soon, the Rear LSD from the Pathfinder fits my front diff, so together with my Detroit in the back, and the tweaked up LSD i might start to get a little ground back on those rock crawling boys :D

Cool.

Does that mean a lock rite locker will fit a Mq/Mk? I hope so! I want to put a lock rite Lokka in my front. Get this....... They are made here (by lokka in S.A.), but you can't buy them here. You have to get them from the USA (cheaper anyway) and they dodnot make one for a Patrol. They do however make one for a Pathfinder.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy