Interior Lighting

jhamelin819

I want to change up the interior lighting on my 97 r50, LED done lights and cargo lights are what im looking for, does anyone know of any options to convert to led, if theres any led lights ready to fit into the current set up.

Yes, it's very easy.

I have done it. Off-hand I don't have that information for you, but perhaps tomorrow if no one else has answered (and if Google hasn't helped you), I can gather up that information for you.

It's a simple, inexpensive and VERY beneficial upgrade!

Check out oznium.com and superbrightleds.com. I replaced most my interior lights (dome lights, map lights, and the bulbs behind the instrument cluster and HVAC controls with LEDs from those two sources.

I got some universal panels off Fleabay a while back. They come with different plug ends so you can more or less hook them up in place of various styles of bulb and foam tape on the back. I tried the big white panel (48 LEDs IIRC) in the dome light first, and it was like getting stabbed in the eyes when I opened the door at night, so I switched it out for a smaller panel in the "warm white" shade.

I might go for the direct plug-ins next time rather than messing around with foam tape.