Hello! Jumping in head first:

uhlhazard

So my mother gave my brother a red 89 D21 hardbody (iirc) and said "you can't sell it". So he gave it to me after he bought an 03 pathfinder.

Well along with that he also gave me 3 other nissan pathfinders. All in pretty good body condition minus powertrains. Those don't seem to last so long. He sunk his baby (red 93 pathfinder) in the Trinity river. The computer mounted on the floorboard under the passenger seat wasn't the best location from a water sense.

When the engine stalled as he was clawing his way out the transmission took on water killing that. I towed him out about an hour later. He went through several computers before finally getting the engine going again. Once that was good the trans was bad so he bought a blue 91 pathfinder on craigslist.

The body on the blue one was perfect corner to corner until he pushed it into a tree moving it around and the corner has a good fender/bumper dent. The trans swap was never completed so he converted it to a manual. Then we hit the river for round 2. This time he was driving through the river at WOT the engine turned off. Turns out not the best thing to do with engines that have timing belts. We believe the belt got wet slipped and detonated the rest.

Put another timing belt on the red 93 pathfinder and it was backfiring out of the intake when running confirming bent valves/damaged pistons.

He bought the 03 about a week later and brought the 3 pathfinders to me with the truck he can't sell. The goal is to swap the good parts from the red pathfinder into the truck and use any tbi spare parts for storage then roll everything left across the scales.

So I have the truck apart and am trying to figure out how to remove this ruined core support and inner fender from the cab. It would appear I need to carefully grind the body panels off somehow. I just don't know how to remove them from the red pathfinder and reinstall them. I'm used to bolt and nuts!

1st. your problems started with mistaking your 4x4 for a submarine... :jk:

2nd. you are dealing with two different production models, the 91 and 93 are both wd21s (which share lots with the d21)and are body on frame construction, the 03 is an R50 and a unibody, also it will have a very different engine.

mostly I am little confused as to what goes into the who now?

Edited by bushnut

Yeah it's a rough scenario. I've got a ton of pictures but these forums don't seem to have the ability to upload pictures to them. I'll have to post pictures "the old fashioned way".

All of the older nissans are mine, my brother decided to walk away from the 90s model pathfinders for his 03. (that ones his new baby)

I spent about 3 hours yesterday morning with an air hammer and earplugs removing the core support. It's been tack welded via repairs in the past. I really hate welded parts! The next issue is how I can remove the inner fender thats welded and siliconed to the cab. I'm probably going to leave the inner fenders alone and buy a sortafit core support. I don' think I can remove the core support from the other pathfinders without ruining them.

I'm gonna do my best to repair the inner fenders. They are both damaged but I don't think it's bad enough to warrant replacement. THEN there are the bumper support brackets to the frame. One I broke off by hand and the other isn't far from it.

Nothing wrong with the way pics are posted on these forums, we seem to go through this on occasion. There is a thread on how to post pics here, if you follow those guidelines you should not have an issue.