Starting to rebuild pathy

thorpe991

b79e0af006ac1aff6d774adb9cd961ca.jpg this is of the selftap and in that hole there you can see the 97 bumper being used as the bumper support

43de391396c868006307f05ceebc90df.jpg some trimming i still have to do

06ffc085f9c0824cf61bba4f71e63649.jpg the selftap that is holding up the end of the fender

Might have to play with it when i get some time, i have a new support and cover in the boxes, sitting in the garage waiting to go on my 01. A few months ago my wife decided it'd be fun to play bumper cars on her way to work, tweaked the support and tore a few holes in the cover, just been waiting to have the time to paint it and toss it on.

So yesterday my tach temp gauge and fuel gauge stopped working they move when i first turn the key on but thats it and i tore it apart to see if any thing looked broken or burnt and noticed that there is a wire that is loose from the coil/motor thing for the tach nothing else seams astray i looked in my Haynes manual and didn't find anything about a fuse for the gauge cluster oh the Speedo still works

So ...

Yesterday i noticed a crack in my new glass :-( and i still have yet to get it inspected so i will be parking the pathy till next summer as i don't the have money to fix the window and i smelled burning oil back by the exhaust so i will not be on in a while im looking at a 06 xterra with 85000 miles or a 05 jeep wrangler with 75000 that are the same price so good luck to all here with your projects

• 3 weeks later...

So this is what i ended up with a 2000 gmc Sierra step side z71 4.8 vortec 5 speed manual it has 2" of suspension lift and a 3" body lift and sits on 35s custom grill and soon to be custom headlights and tail lights super clean interior and it has 148xxx

Nice looker..what kind of HP does the 4.8 have? At least it doesn't have a lawn roller stuck under the tire.

Woops sorry about the fancy letters,When it comes to typing...I swing a BFH.

Edited by kdj

• 6 months later...

So its been awhile but with the nice weather iv been wheeling the pathy in the woods at my aunts and the last time i started her she blew thick white smoke till it warmed up alil before that it didnt over heat or anything

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk