Hey all! Established Datsun guy going Nissan

Supererogator

I just updated my ride by purchasing a 1995 Pathfinder XE. I love her. We have gone on an 800 mile trip already that included 1.5 hours of dirt roads until we got to our camp site. As soon as I figure out the picture thing I will post some here, as one is a commercial photo, if I have ever seen one. I will read the how-to, and get on that.

Background: I started my car love with my '65 Mustang, which I acquired around 16 years ago. I still have it, and it is waiting for the money to do a frame off restoration. I went through a very brief Volkswagon phase, had a Volvo, and then after a long vacation from driving, I acquired an '80 Datsun 720 Kingcab. Boy I love that little thing. It owes me nothing, and I am hoping to pull the motor for a full rebuild this winter. Alas, I have some things to work on with the new Pathy as well, so here I am.

I do buy manuals and I read and use them. (BTW, if anyone has an extra FSM for the '95 Pathfinder, I have not been able to ebay one yet, I will buy it) If I ask a question, I am normally looking for a second opinion or knowledge from someone who has done more with this vehicle than I have. If it is a silly question, feel encouraged to point me toward the thread I didn't find in the search engine, that addresses my question.

I like to post pics of deep projects I undertake (took 80 pics of a carb rebuild on the Datsun), but I have enough demands on my life that I don't do it as often as I should. Also, I am frequently wrenching out of need, not desire.

And that is that, I suppose. I will try to be helpful as I gain confidence with this truck, and thank you in advance for your input. Car communities are pretty special places, and I am happy to be a part of a few of them.

Let's try this photo method:

14918323064_3015b534da_c.jpgIMG_0900 by supererogator, on Flickr

A magazine ad, if I ever saw one. "Pathfinder. Go where no one has gone before".

14918317504_5774f897a4_c.jpgIMG_0903 by supererogator, on Flickr

The moon, the first night, rising over the ridge and the Pathfinder.

15352437069_27bdf10b77_c.jpgIMG_0904 by supererogator, on Flickr

A closer shot of the camp site. Very secluded.

14918308434_3d9e332d8f_c.jpgIMG_0925 by supererogator, on Flickr

Ice on the truck in the morning. Glad we slept in back. BTW, I found a full sized air mattress fits quite well back there.

15352451939_9b8bbd8f64_c.jpgIMG_0859 by supererogator, on Flickr

Oh, yeah, BTW, this is a movie site.

Our first camping trip together, the first weekend of October. 800 total miles (roughly), 90 of those miles were dirt roads and rocks and washboards, and she didn't break until we got back. I love her, my Pathy.

Edited by Supererogator
  • Like 2