Engine mounts

PJpathy

Are the aftermarket engine mounts a lot better than factory? I seem to have torn the LHS mount.

Anyone happen to know where to get the aftermarket engine mounts in Australia? The only place I can find is Rugged Rocks but I ain't paying $150 postage to get em here.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of motor mounts... I want to use the Rugged Rocks ones. But I'm putting a VG33 in a VG30 chassis. Almost thing I need the VG30 base plates and the VG33 motor mount part that bolts on the motor... SMH.

Are the aftermarket engine mounts a lot better than factory? I seem to have torn the LHS mount.

Anyone happen to know where to get the aftermarket engine mounts in Australia? The only place I can find is Rugged Rocks but I ain't paying $150 postage to get em here.

$150? :blink:

Know anyone in the states? Some members down around there have had items shipped to US members then shipped by that member to them.

Not sure about Australia, but it was far cheaper for a New Zealand member to do that with some engine parts. I know because I was the middle man on that once or twice for another member. Double shipping yes, but in my experience USPS out of the States as BY FAR the cheapest option. And he apparently saved enough to deem it worth it.

Another idea, have you considered contacting them to see if they can make an exception? Probably bound by exporting laws, but it might be worth a shot. :aok:

Speaking of motor mounts... I want to use the Rugged Rocks ones. But I'm putting a VG33 in a VG30 chassis. Almost thing I need the VG30 base plates and the VG33 motor mount part that bolts on the motor... SMH.

:jacked: Perhaps contacting SteeevO (his member name here) there at RR would get your answer.

• Like 1