How to determine rounde/square timing belt without dissassembly

MrEviLDeD

I think you might be able to just loosen the top timing cover and peek in (I thought someone else has done this), you just have to see one tooth. I'll look tomorrow to see if that is feasible...

B

Nah it's good. I appreciate the effort. Had I known the month and year off hand would have made is simple. I will have a peek myself tomorrow. Again thank you for making the effort. Right now I need to focus on the process of replacing the center link and idler arm (idler arm looks pretty simple) not so sure about the center link.

Cheers.

I think you might be able to just loosen the top timing cover and peek in (I thought someone else has done this), you just have to see one tooth. I'll look tomorrow to see if that is feasible...

B

Yes, if I was able too peek in and determine that my RH Cam was broken while sitting on the side of the road with minimal tools, then looking for squared off edges or rounded teeth should be a breeze :aok:

Seems that the Prod.M/Y is 0493 on this pathfinder. How can I tell through FAST if it is a rounded or squared tooth?

Sorry can't help there but perhaps a call to the dealer with your VIN number would be easier quicker than waiting for someone to answer this? :shrug:

I bet with your VIN Alkorahil could tell you, give you a good deal on genuine Nissan parts too!

^-- Had completely forgotten that I had asked and solved this question. Thank you for reminding me that Alkorahil had answered me in private message.. I apologize for clogging up the forums..

Cheers. (Hint: Squaretooth. :) )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...