Pathy On Steroids - Malaysia

roy

A turbo ka24de would be awesome in a pathfinder. They are very torquey from the factory and are also efficient. Now if any 4 cylinder was going to make it into a pathfinder, I think that should be the one. 155 hp and 160 lb ft torque from the factory. Easily obtainable 275 wheel horsepower / 300ish lb ft torque with a moderate turbo setup around 10-12 psi depending on mods. Now that would be a fun and efficient pathy!

Edited by Nefarious
  • Like 1

Are you kidding? I love the way my Pathfinder runs and scoots around fairly quickly but given the option, I'd have no trouble swapping out the complicated, heavy, shoehorned in, VG30 for the dead simple and straight forward Z24 engine that he's got there. Whatever he doesn't have in power is made up for in simplicity and ease of use, lightweight and probably a little better fuel mileage, I'd guess in the low 20s around town. That thing will probably literally run forever.

You got that right. Its simplicity at its best. Room for tweaking. Even enough room to run a turbo at the right boost pressure.

Petrol consumption is good too. Especially considering i'm running 33's. No figures yet. But i can do it over this weekend.

But i know for sure the consumption is far better before the mods & power tweaks.

:clap:

Very impressive! Awesome work. Love the two tone color combo. Haven't seen anything like that around here or while traveling. Great ideas for others. I might try that light bar/brackets you've done. Thanks for sharing photos. :beer:

• 1 month later...

And so i calculated the gas mileage i'm getting. Running all these mods & 33's.

60.87 Liters got me 306KM.
That translates to:

14.2 MPG @ 5KM/L

Roy.

And so i calculated the gas mileage i'm getting. Running all these mods & 33's.

60.87 Liters got me 306KM.

That translates to:

14.2 MPG @ 5KM/L

Roy.

HECK YEAAAAAAAAAA.

Props to you on this entire build. You're the envy of a lot of guys here