wd21 cabin filter

saulhudson32

so I have been in the constant struggle of wantying a cabin filter, not because I necessarily cant withstand some dust and need precise filtered air, moreso the issue of the condensor filling up with crap and burning up. As well its nice to not feel dirt in my teeth whilst following someone on a dusty road.

So I came up with this: I would put it over that intake

IMG_1736_zpsd6a8acf3.jpg

I regret cheaping out, I bought the smallest and cheapest air filter I could, it was perfect width so I only needed to really trim on one angle, however since its for the engine it was rather thick. I fear It may have slightly dropped the pressure of my blower.

IMG_1738_zps24181abf.jpg

anyways there was a bit of measuring and trimming the sides a bit here and there.

IMG_1737_zps28fa3f37.jpg

you do have to take out the wipers and cowl to get to the intake

IMG_1735_zpsa0e5d16e.jpg

then i strapped it down on the one side with duct take

IMG_1740_zps3e251107.jpg

• Like 3

Haven't been game enough to try it myself, I think if you cut into the wrong spot the filter ends up too close to the resistor, which has a tendency to get warmish which could cause a fire from the filter element.

Interesting. I've thought about trying a cabin filter but never bit the bullet on it. I'm kinda tired of getting dirt in my face everytime I turn on the blower. Wind and desert living make for lots of dirt in the ducts.