Spacer Lift and Tire

fwizzle

Well I'm going to be lifting my truck soon and getting some new tires as well, so I just have a couple of questions.

1. With a 2" lift, what is the max tire size i can go on the stock 16 in rims without rubbing?

2. Would I need wheel spacers in order for the tire not to rub?

3. Is there anyone out there who has a spacer lift on their truck? If so, please tell the pros and cons of that lift.

4. If you had a choose, would you choose new shocks or wheel spacers with this type of set up?

I would really like this to be a hub for people to get all the info on lifts and tires for the r50. Most, if not all, of the info on it is spread though out the forums and its a pain in the butt to find exact answers.

I herd you cant go bigger than a 1.5 spacer lift in the front because of cv shaft angle i have a 1.5 in the front and 1.75 in the rear to keep the stock rake look

Im running 31s at the moment but i think i could fit 32s easily if your going with anything bigger than stock tire size you ether need aftermarket rims with 3.75 or less backspacing or if your keeping your stock rims you will need at least a 1.5" wheel spacer

I think out of the 3 lifts you can buy (ac, ome, spacer) its the best for the price it dosent cause the top out issue that ac does

If you dont replace the rear shocks ask that happens is that your axel won't drop as far when crawling over things but if you only go 1.75 in the rear you won't notice it if your not offloading

check out the max tire vs lift thread. or my build thread.

I have 31x10.5x15 tires, 1 in lift springs, 2inches of strut spacers up front and 1.25 wheel spacers all round. and yes I worry about full droop and ripping my CVs apart, haven't done it yet but I've been playing it safe until I instal some limit straps.

P1070096_zpsd1e72f09.jpg