Zombie outbreak response vehicle

CDN_S4

If I was going to zombie proof mine I'm thinking spikes. Lots and lots of spikes. Drill like 200 holes into the hood and weld nails sticking up turning it into a nail bed. No zombie would survive trying to climb on the front. Reinforced front bumper with chunky metal and welded on spiky gate. Put big spikes sticking out from the hubs so it slices any trying to get alongside. Put big sheet metal strips going across the windscreen, formed in a louvre fashion with a lever mechanism inside that can be pulled to open and shut them. Put barb wire strips going around the back window and side windows. Might even seal the side windows with more sheet metal and just weld them in. I don't have a sunroof but I probably would put a hole up between the front seats with a machine gun sticking out of the hole. Take the rear parking cam and position it looking down the barrel so the display on the dash shows where it's aiming. Have another lever connected to the trigger and have it mounted close to the steering wheel so you can fire on the go.

Pretty good idea for a homemade RWS. But with all those spikes you would end up covered in zombie pieces and eventually weigh down to the point where you'd have to clean it all out, thus exposing you to the virus. Potentially cut yourself on them in the process and contract the virus....just a thought.

One thing I've always considered more dangerous than the undead during an outbreak would be the living. As was seen again in the season 5 opener of the WD! Anyone else watch it? While a lot of mods would work against "walkers" and "runners" I guess we could call the humans, I think a few extra thoughts need to be given to human proof your vehicle...ballistic protection comes to mind. But since metal armour would really weigh it down too much, I think I'd line my doors and windows with as much Kevlar as possible. I would use steel plates to protect my fuel Jerry's though as that would be an extremely precious commodity.

I'd start with a 3" body lift, 35x12.5x15 rollers and a full exo-cage. Front bumper would be Baja style, with a winch and an extra wide stinger (for front end protection). Undercarriage skid plates, #9 expanded sheet metal over all of the glass and various other body armor. I'd also have a variety of axes, machete's, handguns and tactical weapons as well as the front mounted flame-thrower. I think i'd also like a roof mounted gatling gun just for grins.....

Gatling guns are phenomenal, but when ammo acquisition and ammo storage is an issue, as it certainly would be for a gun that eats up to 6000 rounds a minute, I think you would be all out of ammo within 30 seconds lol. I think a sniper rifle would be better suited. I like all your other mods though, definitely off road capable. Find high ground, cam up the vehicle with a cam net, start sniping walkers from a distance. Collapse and repeat. Clean out your town. Once most are down, build a perimeter around any desired amount of houses/buildings and defend the place.

Take the Pathy on supply runs and run over as many zombies as possible.

Lol I love how this thread is becoming like a survival guide to the zombie apocalypse.

I think the best thing would be in an open area with good visibility all around. So if the walkers are coming you have lots of open area to run to. The worst place to be is a cramped area like an alleyway, where they would be coming from both sides, or barricading yourself into a room with no other way of escape. At least find a factory with multiple rooms, so if they make their way in, you can at least lock one or multiple doors, trapping them inside then escape via other rooms.

That was a great way to kick off the season! I definitely think the living are more of a threat, as long as you can make them think you're more dangerous, ruthless and crazy than they are, most won't mess with you. Create yourself a fortified "base" in a secure location with good visibility, yet the place needs to not stand out. Also needs to be within reasonable distance to supplies, but far enough away as to not be noticed by others scouting for supplies. Kind of a "hide in plain sight" theory.

Gatling guns are phenomenal, but when ammo acquisition and ammo storage is an issue, as it certainly would be for a gun that eats up to 6000 rounds a minute, I think you would be all out of ammo within 30 seconds lol. I think a sniper rifle would be better suited. I like all your other mods though, definitely off road capable. Find high ground, cam up the vehicle with a cam net, start sniping walkers from a distance. Collapse and repeat. Clean out your town. Once most are down, build a perimeter around any desired amount of houses/buildings and defend the place.

Take the Pathy on supply runs and run over as many zombies as possible.

Lol I love how this thread is becoming like a survival guide to the zombie apocalypse.

Yup, they are! At least it'd be fun for 30 seconds. ::biggrin::

Bubba.....

• 2 weeks later...

For a base, I'd have to go with The Zombie Proof House someone actually built.

Solid concrete perimeter wall - goes on the assumption that zombies can't jump. If they do somehow get through that, concrete panels close off the windows - and a steel door covers the back of the house. In safe mode, the only way in is from a retractable bridge on the second floor. And the roof can be used as your lookout points to take down the walkers.

And while waiting for the apocalypse, there's a pool house and great views.

pe7Q1.jpg

http://all-that-is-interesting.com/post/4956385434/the-first-zombie-proof-house

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...