Hello from Charleston

brewengineer

Hi Guys! New member here from the Charleston area in SC. I just purchased a fairly well maintained 2004 Pathy SE with 58k miles on the odo. This was the best forum I could find for information on the vehicle. I am a long time car guy, and have owned multiple sports cars. However, this is my first truck (though I did used to take my modded subaru GL wagon in the mud/off-road). The vehicle has been fun so far, but I am already having intermittent starting issues. She randomly will crank and turn over, but doesn't seem to want to start. I can mess with this a few times, and it magically starts right up. Once it has been started and warmed up, you can shut it down and start it right up again. My first instict is to replace the fuel pump relay. Any advice from more experienced members? I am fairly familiar with the VQ engine, as I once owned a 2006 Altima V6. However, the Altima was abused daily and never had a single engine issue.

Cheers!

Welcome..

As for your truck issue, i have seen more than once that there was an issue with the key ignition switch. Like if it was not detecting the chip in the key... When this happens, try wiggling the key in the key switch....

Welcome..

As for your truck issue, i have seen more than once that there was an issue with the key ignition switch. Like if it was not detecting the chip in the key... When this happens, try wiggling the key in the key switch....

Thanks! I will try that next time. I wish there was a way to disable that security crap all together. I am honestly not worried about someone stealing my 10 year old truck in the middle of yuppieville.

Welcome to the forums. Its nice to have another souther brother join the forum lol. I got a buddy who just got a jeep with some rust on it. He just sprayed the underbelly with some plasti dip. He said it would help prevent more rust and gives it more strength or something like that. If you are at all concerned about that then at a look at it online.

Welcome to the forums. Its nice to have another souther brother join the forum lol. I got a buddy who just got a jeep with some rust on it. He just sprayed the underbelly with some plasti dip. He said it would help prevent more rust and gives it more strength or something like that. If you are at all concerned about that then at a look at it online.

Thanks for the advice. That may be a good course of action, after I get under there with a sander. Had the no start issue again this morning, just like yesterday. At least it is consistent. :( I looked at the gauges before trying to start and saw no security warning. Where would the security light be on there? I tried my second key, and the car started right up. I am not sure if the key was what made it start up, or if I had just tried enough times. I will be replacing the relay either way, as I have already ordered the part. I am hoping the key or the relay fix the issue. I didn't really want to buy a new fuel pump. Anyone ever stuffed a walbro in this thing? :)

I used my spare original Nissan key today, and she started right up. Looks like the other key may be having chip problems. The other key is a replacement, and claims to have a battery inside. Maybe the battery is just dying?

• 4 weeks later...

Just hooked the truck up with a Clarion VX404 head unit, as cd/cassette/radio just wasn't doing it for me. I used the wiring harness that takes the preamp out RCA plugs to send a signal to the Bose amps. The rear channel doesn't quite sound as loud anymore. I know the drivers side speaker is blown, but the other speaker should still be ok. I did buy Polk DB651 coax speakers to replace the rears. However, I am afraid to install with the Bose amp. I heard the factory amp output is in a strange ohm rating. Anyone ever replace the Bose amp with a similar sized 2 channel amp? Is there a way to just use the existing wiring and modify for an aftermarket amp?