Intermittent power window problem...

richwill68

Hi All,

I'm having an intermittent problem with the power windows on my '93 R3M from the drivers door switch panel. Have checked wiring for breakages, switch is all good... All other windows will work fine from their individual and respective switches. Very confuddled and need some advice!

Also, anyone got feedback/advice about Ironman 4x4 suspension? Price looks great compared to others but that makes me rather suspicious!

Thanks in advance,

Rich :)

I'd bet it's the power window amplifier in the passenger kickpanel below the glovebox.

Hi ebayfish, thanks for the reply.

OK, now you have my attention... What might that look like, can it be tested or is it a case of junk and replace it as a case of trial by elimination?

Rich

I gave $4 for one at a junkyard after I had already replaced a window motor & the switch. Don't know if you can check it, at least not easily. It you pull that kick panel, just remove the Phillips screw on the triangular panel next to the passenger door, under the glove box, then pop that piece of plastic out. You'll notice a cream colored plastic box with about 16 or so wires clipped into a harness attached with a metal bracket. Remove the screw to remove the whole assembly, unclip the wires & reassemble with the new unit. The whole process should take less time than for me to type this out

Let me know if it works.