Where do you mount your CB?

CO_pathfinder

Was just wondering where/how you guys mount your CB/ ham radios, where you run the COAX, and where/how you mount the antenna itself, and of course, what antenna you run.

-For me, I removed the ashtray, cut some of the plastic with a Dremel, and then shoved the radio into the hole.

-My COAX is routed down and under the pedals, behind the carpet, and down the drivers side liner (underneath the carpet). Unfortunately, you can see it poke up by the driver side seat belt bolt, because I had issues getting the passenger side one back in after wiring my speakers and amplifiers, and did not want my driver side seat belt to end up twisted and all screwed up.

-It then goes through the interior brake light grille, down the fender, through a drain hole, and up and under the bumper, then inside the tail-light housing, then done.

-I've got a 9' stainless steel whip, mounted on a trucker mirror mount that has been mounted just to the left of the rear window with 3/8" self tapping screws. It causes the body in that spot to flex a little bit.... :D The whip is mounted to a 6" chrome barrel-spring, which is WAYYYY sturdier than the last spring, which was so weak sauce that I hit a tree branch once and the whip slapped me in the arm, which was riding on the window sill.

-Finally, I've got a steel whip tie down mounted to the driver side door jamb. Keeps the whip tied down like a Humvee when I'm not interested in listening to dirty trucker talk...

PROCEED TO TURN YOUR LAPTOP/DESKTOP CLOCKWISE 90*

2dl6vwk.jpg2449wg7.jpg

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/37521-cb-radio-install-location/?hl=radio

There are several threads on CB mounting, thats just one. Go to the search, advanced search, type in CB mount and select titles only. You will get a lot more than what people may post in this thread.

• Like 1

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/37521-cb-radio-install-location/?hl=radio

There are several threads on CB mounting, thats just one. Go to the search, advanced search, type in CB mount and select titles only. You will get a lot more than what people may post in this thread.

you da man. The search function still confuses me haha

Just make sure its seated in enough that the transfer case shifter doesn't hit the connection for the mic. Can cause the cb to rattle. I also ran a bead of black silicon around the outer edge where the cb is inserted. Keeps it from squeaking against the plastic.

Sent from my Moto X

Got mine mounted under the stereo console in my WD21 just in front of the shifter.

The microphone clip is mounted up next to my gauges (where altimeter etc was originally) & Coax cable runs out through firewall to the aerial which is mounted on my custom bullbar, which also offers it a little protection when crashing through the forest.

I bought a cobra 75 something. Everything is contained in the handset/mic thing (I know, technical terms lol). Just has a little box to mount that it plugs into. I mounted the box under the Driver's side of the dashboard, Just to the left of the radio and keep the mic in the center console for when I need it.

• 9 months later...

I got an old uniden pc68xl mounted to the back of my center console. It's face is at height with the lid. I'm running a k40 rig-8 coax under driver seat, into the bottom of the lower B panel cover, then down the paneling all the way to the driver side tail light access... From there it drops with the other wires down under my pathy, through some frame openings, and then up he passenger side to my black firestik fs2 5' antenna mounted on my upper spare tire rack with a k40 heavy duty mirror mount, a firestik quick disconnect, and firestik heavy duty spring...

Swr is 1:1.1 on channel 20... 1:1.2 on both channel 1 and 40... With the antenna in place my pathfinder is around 10' tall... I can really reach out with this setup...

• 4 weeks later...

Man some of those dash installs look fantastic. Good job guys!

Mine is ghetto. I cut my console in half and trashed the rear portion, then installed a TROY console from a Ford Crown Victoria and install all my comm and lighting control equipment in there...

Pictures soon...gotta find em.