Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

Hi [mention=39493]02_Pathy[/mention], how did you run cables from LED bars on the roof into a cabin? Did you use any existing hole (where is it?), or you made a new one?

thanks for help

There’s a rubber seal between the door and A pilar and I ran the wires in the channel of the rubber door seal and it pops out into the engine bay where the hood hinges are and they connect to the switch panel in the engine bay where [mention]RainGoat [/mention]helped tidy it up then a wire from the switch panel goes into the cabin via the clutch plate/hole underneath the brake booster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My saggy old girl. Funny thing I just took it on a trip with tons of beautiful spots for great photos and didn't even once I thought of framing the Pathy, poor thing.

2021-09-23-10-40-01-650.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/27/2021 at 11:00 AM, EricCR said:

My saggy old girl. Funny thing I just took it on a trip with tons of beautiful spots for great photos and didn't even once I thought of framing the Pathy, poor thing.

2021-09-23-10-40-01-650.jpg

Great shot!

I would have loved to have tooled around in a Pathfinder when I traveled to Costa Rica a few years ago - but I did put the rental Toyota Rush I had through its paces... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_Oregonian said:

Great shot!

I would have loved to have tooled around in a Pathfinder when I traveled to Costa Rica a few years ago - but I did put the rental Toyota Rush I had through its paces... 

I hope it was the old Rush and not this abomination, if so, I'm sorry you had to drive this "emerging market" piece of crap:

2020 TOYOTA RUSH 1.5L PETROL 7 PASSENGERS - Cedars Motors

Did you go to Monteverde? That's where I was last weekend. 

IMG-3027.jpg

Edited by EricCR

40 minutes ago, EricCR said:

I hope it was the old Rush and not this abomination, if so, I'm sorry you had to drive this "emerging market" piece of crap:

2020 TOYOTA RUSH 1.5L PETROL 7 PASSENGERS - Cedars Motors

Did you go to Monteverde? That's where I was last weekend. 

IMG-3027.jpg

No - it must have been the previous generation Rush. This was back in 2017 or so..

I did spend some time in Monteverde - we did some hiking in the Cloud Forest. We also spent time in Playa Hermosa, Liberia, the Rincon De La Vieja, and La Fortuna. Beautiful country. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Out in the AZ desert shaking down the new toy, 02 with 5spd manual. Almost finished with my pathy; the mechanical work is done, waiting for some exterior components to come in to finish the build. Looking for other R50 owners in the Phoenix metro to run some trails.

IMG_2851[1].jpg

• Like 3

Throw some sand bags in there for awhile. I was carrying lots of sports equipment and sand to help settle my heavy LR springs, though I still have a slight rake. What springs did you put in?

On another note, if I might ask, how are you posting pics? The counter for attachments in my response box is almost at zero. Also, how do I get a pic for an avatar?  I'm not the most tech savvy person so any info is appreciated.

Throw some sand bags in there for awhile. I was carrying lots of sports equipment and sand to help settle my heavy LR springs, though I still have a slight rake. What springs did you put in?

On another note, if I might ask, how are you posting pics? …. Also, how do I get a pic for an avatar? 

Britpart NRC9449 (yellow/white)
same height as NRC9447 but with a 225# Spring Rate. Once they settle, experience has shown these LR springs are robust & don’t sag further. I’m nearing 1,000 miles & they are as settled as they’re going to get.
[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] also had his old ARB OME Medium Duty rear springs &
Britpart LR 9446 springs (green/blue) with 175# spring rate available. Here’s a comparison photo of their uncompressed height.
2f09c62b54cdbc196f343576f62085e6.jpg

His OME’s were a bit worn on the inside where Airlift 1000s had abraded them, so I reconditioned them. I’m going to switch to the ARB OME MD & bring that tail down a bit. Other than some mulch trailering when she gets home, this truck’s mission will be light duty, serving primarily as a daily driver & solo explorer. I’m shooting for an OME+ look on her.

7d0974e3631cd1b4a5ec2c6c338cc806.jpg

af9f41f239c79e62f7e72efca14591fa.jpg

430fe65edd76483c0713c246712f462c.jpg

And of course, everything has to be couriered by air now, making for some amusing TSA X-rays I’m sure.

c4d834471a7bb3b38ea34319a906fd88.jpg

As for posting, I use TapaTalk & paid the ~$15 lifetime fee for the “Pro” version. It makes photo management infinitely easier. It puts something like a dozen forums I follow in one place as well and therefore is well worth it to me.

Can confirm, the 9449s do not settle much and definitely don’t sag.

I’ve had the rear loaded with the tire carrier, drawers, and a ton of tools/parts/gear for at least 8,000 miles consistently and I haven’t noticed any decrease in the amount of lift over time. They sit fairly level with all the weight so personally I love them, but obviously if you don’t keep the rear heavy there’s no point.

If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s a truck that is raked back with any cargo you add. My girlfriends 3rd gen T4R is like this and it irks the hell out of me 

• Like 1

Can confirm, the 9449s do not settle much and definitely don’t sag.

I’ve had the rear loaded with the tire carrier, drawers, and a ton of tools/parts/gear for at least 8,000 miles consistently and I haven’t noticed any decrease in the amount of lift over time. They sit fairly level with all the weight so personally I love them, but obviously if you don’t keep the rear heavy there’s no point.

If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s a truck that is raked back with any cargo you add. My girlfriends 3rd gen T4R is like this and it irks the hell out of me 

Yeah,[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] has super loaded his 9228 with no significant compression - the Britpart LR springs are everything they purport to be.

Sagging rear Nissan springs are nothing new - totally true of my Pathy & even my ‘79 Z would crouch in the rear under acceleration or with any notable cargo.

I actually don’t mind some forward rake - especially to counter sag under load but currently both trucks drive their headlights into the ground less than a hundred yards from the truck. The Pathy just needs its SFD put on but even the adjustable HIDs on the Q can’t counteract it. I don’t want spacers on the Q’s front suspension so hopefully the ARB OME MD will level her out better.
fd9e15d04eadbb12595c7694f382f322.jpg
This photo from the Q last night demonstrates the limitations pretty well.

Additionally, peripheral lighting is terrible. I wasn’t planning on auxiliary lighting for the Q; however, I essentially can’t see anything laterally from just behind the extent of the side view mirrors so I’m reconsidering some low profile ditch lights. It’s the same reason I put laterally angled KC Slimlight fogs on the Pathy clear back in ‘03. They extended my peripheral view to behind the B pillar. Today’s ditch lights address this problem admirably and while I intend some 2x3 monsters with side shooters on the Pathy, I think I’ll go with a 1x2 or single low profile light on the Q. [mention=39745]stpickens[/mention] used a CBI Frontier ditch light mount with good effect. I would turn these Element lights far more laterally & would prefer something in amber.
a9c2263db296738c53ac62ab902ad9c0.jpg
(Pic is from Twisted Jake)

I might entertain a small LED bar in the lower bumper as well (as demonstrated here by pathyqx on IG - let me know if he’s on the NPORA Forum as well) - again probably amber as experiencing [mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention] use of amber has convinced me to go that way from now on. His rooftop LED bar isn’t annoying behind me. I can see well with it even when I’m behind him and it works better with dust, rain & snow as well as in camp & with regard to insects.

ee791b74ee4dc3289721e51080af2c3c.jpg
  • Like 1

ffea2d393f062e909195af482dc196e7.jpg

Almost 2yrs later and I still have a rake.

That’s with ome 2928, fleury’s +1 and 9449.

Night driving is annoying since the headlights point down even with the adjustment maxed out to point out.

Otherwise it drives great when the rear is loaded and barely have any sag.

I’ve considered cutting the rear springs to level them out since SFD is not an option at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I did 9447's out back and OME HD's out front, had a rake for about 2 weeks and then after doing some night laps at our local spot they springs have settled and there's almost no rake - a very slight one unloaded but with any amount of stuff it goes away.

I thought the way our springs and LR springs were wound they would not be amicable to cutting?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jotegir said:

I did 9447's out back and OME HD's out front, had a rake for about 2 weeks and then after doing some night laps at our local spot they springs have settled and there's almost no rake - a very slight one unloaded but with any amount of stuff it goes away.

I thought the way our springs and LR springs were wound they would not be amicable to cutting?

Mine is exactly the same with Dobinsons front springs and 9447 out back. The 9447's definitely settled more than the Dobinsons. 

• Like 2