Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

Your rig looks huge! You got any closer up pics of it?

I do! I haven't gotten much for pictures on it recently, after doing more modifications and fixing some angles for the SFD. 6" SFD, 6" strut spacers in the front, .5" heavy duty OME front coils, heavy duty 2" rear lift springs, 4" rear spacers. Whole bunch of other suspension stuff to make sure it still rides smooth and doesn't break easy, and 33" mud tires. She's a big girl haha.

I have a couple photo albums on my Facebook that have some pictures of my offroading adventures and process of building everything, but it's not all updated yet as I just overhauled a lot of it recently.

https://www.facebook.com/cortland.haefele

Damn! Thats a gorgeous scene!

It really was. We got there JUST in time for the sunset and it was really cool. It's a super neat spot to go to at really any time of day, and at night when it's really dark, looks like you're just looking over the edge of the world, just a giant pit of darkness. Pretty neat.

• Like 1

I do! I haven't gotten much for pictures on it recently, after doing more modifications and fixing some angles for the SFD. 6" SFD, 6" strut spacers in the front, .5" heavy duty OME front coils, heavy duty 2" rear lift springs, 4" rear spacers. Whole bunch of other suspension stuff to make sure it still rides smooth and doesn't break easy, and 33" mud tires. She's a big girl haha.

Nice! Curious about the steering link...how'd you get that much rotation from the steering rack for a longer link?

Nice! Curious about the steering link...how'd you get that much rotation from the steering rack for a longer link?

My apologies, I had made a typo about the SFD. It's just a 4" SFD, but the strut spacers are 6", I accidentally typed 6" twice!

For that sort of modification, I can assume you'd have to bend some new pressure lines for the rack, and grind off a few pieces like the funnel-thing that Nissan put on it for the oil filter.

Edited by QuasarDecimari

My apologies, I had made a typo about the SFD. It's just a 4" SFD, but the strut spacers are 6", I accidentally typed 6" twice!

For that sort of modification, I can assume you'd have to bend some new pressure lines for the rack, and grind off a few pieces like the funnel-thing that Nissan put on it for the oil filter.

No problem. Yes, at 6", the piping is in the way. Another member, Johann, has been able to stack on a bit more, but I don't think he's shared his setup completely before.

• 2 weeks later...

Before mud terrain tires; stuck!

dccf345e973ea172c5b05c8b9a19ae00.jpg

And after; champion!

0dfd78476337f5ae5942f427f23a4a0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a blue Q myself. Love it. I've never seen a blue one in East Tennessee other than mine. Are they a rare color?

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

It goes in the trailer hitch. Made by HitchGate I believe.

Fair warning, they dont quite fit the stock hitch. I tried it with a Wilco Solo hitchgate & the plate at the end of the receiver makes it about 1/4-1/2 too shallow. I would have had to cut that plate off to get it to fit properly. I believe GSpeed151 told me he put a small diameter screw through the elliptical opening you get & mainly relies on the wedge lock to hold it in place. Probably fine but I dont think I would try using the receiver repeater on the hit gate to tow or recover.

• Like 1

My engine appears to have suffered a PowerValve Screw failure. While I've been contemplating it's repair I've been a little nostalgic. I thought you guys might appreciate some of the photos from it's history. I think I'll start with one of my favorite trips ever. I first visited Canyonlands about '93-94 and rented a Jeep for a one day excursion to the White Rim Trail. It was fantastic! I always wanted to return and finally did so a decade later, circa '2003-4 in my 1-2 year old Path. Here are some of the photos I could find of the truck. It was driving up Taylor Canyon that I learned just how well the largely stock setup (really only Airlift 100's) could handle sand.

[Feel free to let me know if it's too much]

The night before, somewhere off Hell Roaring Rim Rd or BLM 129

PATH-_UT-_Wht_Rim-_Pre_Hell_Roaring_Rim_
White Rim Trail
PATH-_UT-_Wht_Rim_Trail.jpg

Labyrinth Campground Site B-looking toward Islands in the Sky & Taylor Cyn
PATH-_UT-_Wht_Rim_Trail-_Labryinth_Camp_
Labyrinth Campground Site B-looking toward the Green River
PATH-_UT-_Wht_Rim_Trail-_Labryinth_Camp_
White Rim-that's 1000' down back there & 100' up to Islands in the Sky
PATH-_UT-_Wht_Rim_Trail2.jpg
Alot of it looked like this from the driver's seat
PATH-_UT-_Wht_Rim_Trail_Driver_View.jpg
Side trip to Lathrop Cyn
PATH-_UT-_Wht_Rim_Trail-_Lathrop_Cyn.jpg
  • Like 3

Looking at that rear sag with a minimal load of camp gear for 2 for a week, I don't think the Airlift 100s were in yet. I now remember I did them at the same time I put on the auxillary lights, front & rear. I'm sure this trip was part of how I determined I needed them. Also, where's my Hi-Lift Jack? Guess I didn't have that yet either as it typically mounted on the roof rack (though I hate it up there as I'm always afraid I might slip and break my windows getting it down.

I've been going up Hylite Canyon in Bozeman a few times lately to go hiking, and both times I've had to pull people out. The last time I went up I had to yank 3 different people out, and I had to pull one guy out twice and a friend of mine pulled him a 3rd time (that guy was not the brightest lol). I love driving up snowy roads near the bigger cities in Montana where people who think they know what they're doing (but actually don't) go to get stuck. Helping people is fun and makes mine and there day better. :laugh:

We still had time to hike up to the frozen waterfall, I'll put up some pics in the next post!

• Like 2