Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

8d95a9c6acaac7dc03e75cb4fbef25ca.jpg this was the day we bought our r50 not for that price. It had been sitting at the dealer next door for Atleast 9 months before that it was taken from the same junkyard we got it at and fixed enough to run. We paid 1200 including the parts I needed to replace to feel safe on the highway home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johann,

What do you have in your headliner? Led response lights? Also, which LED bar do you have in your lower bumper?hey

hey, sorry i dont go on often, cant remember if i responded or not, but those are led response lights. also its a rigid 22" bar. sorry for late response.

Looks very good. Have you thought about wider tires? Would just look a tad more aggressive.

Oh yes.

So, these are 255/70r16 Duratracs, actually just bought them late last week.

I went through a lot of debate on what I was going to do here.

First, I had ordered 15x8 flat black series 52 at a fantastic price and was planning on running 31x10.5s. I became paranoid with caliper clearance and potential future brake upgrades, so I changed the order to 16x8s (which of course I couldn't get in flat black - oh well).

Then, I was dead set on 265/70r16 Duratracs. In my mind, those were the tires and that was that. A friend of mine (on the boards Vancity_R50) was in the process of the same, except he was a few steps ahead of me. He got the wheels and tires (265/70 Grabber AT2) about a week before my wheels came in. After some discussion (mostly internal), realizing that a lift is not in my near future, and the amount of hwy driving I am currently doing, I decided to drop down a size and hope it came out alright.

I'm pretty happy with the results. Realistically, we're talking 0.5" diameter and 0.5" width differences. Obviously bigger side by side, but the numbers aren't drastically different.

If I end up keeping the truck by the time new tires are needed, I will probably do the typical OME lift and step up a size or two.

And thanks for the compliment!

Edited by vancouver.matt
  • Like 1

Oh yes.

First, I had ordered 15x8 flat black series 52 at a fantastic price and was planning on running 31x10.5s. I became paranoid with caliper clearance and potential future brake upgrades, so I changed the order to 16x8s (which of course I couldn't get in flat black - oh well).

Then, I was dead set on 265/70r16 Duratracs. In my mind, those were the tires and that was that. A friend of mine (on the boards Vancity_R50) was in the process of the same, except he was a few steps ahead of me. He got the wheels and tires (265/70 Grabber AT2) about a week before my wheels came in. After some discussion (mostly internal), realizing that a lift is not in my near future, and the amount of hwy driving I am currently doing, I decided to drop down a size and hope it came out alright.

I'm pretty happy with the results. Realistically, we're talking 0.5" diameter and 0.5" width differences. Obviously bigger side by side, but the numbers aren't drastically different.

If I end up keeping the truck by the time new tires are needed, I will probably do the typical OME lift and step up a size or two.

What lift are you on right now? Looks awesome

Oh yes.

I run the same size tire 255/70R16 but in cooper discoverer rtx...

d67b040f2bee3fa74f38dc41955cf3e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here she is - waiting for me to finish work.

OMG this is almost exactly how mine will look whenever i get around to my conversion.

Holy crap this just kicked me right in all the right motivational places to start ordering the last few pieces for that!

Thank you sir!

-Kyle

• Like 1

OMG this is almost exactly how mine will look whenever i get around to my conversion.

Holy crap this just kicked me right in all the right motivational places to start ordering the last few pieces for that!

Thank you sir!

-Kyle

Haha, you bet.

Your first gen r50 was actually my initial inspiration.