Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 7:28 PM, The_Oregonian said:

Beauty shot from camping this morning with the clouds below and Mt St Helens above.

t6QDlQb.jpg

@zakzackzachary Should recognize this spot!

what kind of bulbs did you put in the fog lights? I am looking to replace mine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hauling my 02 shell with a blown engine from cali to AZ. The pilot didnt like it too much but survived.

k0Voprg.jpg

Next to stock after i finished the first part of the build with a fresh JDM 3.5, new suspension and lift. KBV1ipG.jpg

Maiden voyage shakedown run doing what it was built for

yDv4pVG.jpg

Found some mud in the desert this spring

8CGIIR8.jpg

Went through some fairly rough stuff to get a nice pic at lake havasu

aEY71pW.jpg

Latest addition, halfway through a coastal offroads bumper, adding the swingout gate soon

nBGBxG2.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/13/2023 at 12:22 PM, jaymzinsa said:

Hauling my 02 shell with a blown engine from cali to AZ. The pilot didnt like it too much but survived.

k0Voprg.jpg

Next to stock after i finished the first part of the build with a fresh JDM 3.5, new suspension and lift. KBV1ipG.jpg

Maiden voyage shakedown run doing what it was built for

yDv4pVG.jpg

Found some mud in the desert this spring

8CGIIR8.jpg

Went through some fairly rough stuff to get a nice pic at lake havasu

aEY71pW.jpg

Latest addition, halfway through a coastal offroads bumper, adding the swingout gate soon

nBGBxG2.jpg

Awesome build! How was swapping in a new 3.5? Kinda scared about mine kicking the bucket soon...

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:15 AM, tobin_r50 said:

Awesome build! How was swapping in a new 3.5? Kinda scared about mine kicking the bucket soon...

Thanks, I've been very happy with the truck. Still have a bit of a to do list; finish the rear bumper, front lokka, beefed up lsd, start welding the front bumper...

Sorry to hear your VQ might go. I honestly couldn't tell you first hand how the swap went as I have a trusted mechanic and had his shop do all the heavy lifting but he did say there were a few things that needed to be slightly modified to have it fit correctly. It apparently had some components that weren't on the original engine, however, he said it wasn't a huge issue and got it done in just a couple days. Not sure what vehicle the "new" engine came from, but it was a much newer year model with only 55K on it and runs great. I got in there with him on some of the suspension work and that wasn't too bad either. Removing the tranny for the new clutch was a major pain in the ass, that thing is huge and heavy.

• Like 2

Got my lift on not long ago, AC coils in the front on KYB struts and nrc9447's in the rear. I love it so far, and the load carrying capacity has been awesome! Hoping to get some bigger tires soon. I also replaced the headlights and fog lights with led bulbs.

IMG_0645 (1).jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 4:40 PM, EricCR said:

Couldn't stand my stock headlights any longer. In the middle of retrofitting Morimoto D2S 5.0 HID projectors:

JLDXi-DSRRaefx-Gri-WO2-Ywg.jpg

Dude, your paint is so clean. Let us know how the process goes, I could see myself doing this mod.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tobin_r50 said:

Dude, your paint is so clean. Let us know how the process goes, I could see myself doing this mod.

Sure, pal!

I'm waiting for my D2S bulbs. I am tempted to take them off my other car but I'm sure Mr monkey-hands will damage them. Wiring is all done and this has been by far the easiest retrofit I've done. No wire stripping, no drilling or dremeling and the shrouds are like tailor made for the reflector bowl. The only problem has been finding where to mount the ballasts, but mostly because I want them hidden. I don't like the blacked out headlight look so I'll try to avoid painting the reflector bowl unless I see stray reflections that could cause glare. Once I get the bulbs and make sure the cutoff is straight, I will post some pics.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, EricCR said:

Sure, pal!

I'm waiting for my D2S bulbs. I am tempted to take them off my other car but I'm sure Mr monkey-hands will damage them. Wiring is all done and this has been by far the easiest retrofit I've done. No wire stripping, no drilling or dremeling and the shrouds are like tailor made for the reflector bowl. The only problem has been finding where to mount the ballasts, but mostly because I want them hidden. I don't like the blacked out headlight look so I'll try to avoid painting the reflector bowl unless I see stray reflections that could cause glare. Once I get the bulbs and make sure the cutoff is straight, I will post some pics.

Please do, some pictures or a writeup on this would be incredible. Are you planning on swapping to an SE grill?

23 hours ago, EricCR said:

Sure, pal!

Please do, some pictures or a writeup on this would be incredible. Are you planning on swapping to an SE grill?

23 hours ago, tobin_r50 said:

Sure. I'm almost done. There were some minor complications so I'll create a new thread. Although I love the honeycomb grille, I also like the looks of the newer one. I just removed it because you need to do that to access the screws holding the headlights in place.

• 1 month later...

For those of you who have iPhones, how do y'all convert pictures from your camera roll to post on the forum? I have always had to downsize my images to be able to clear the max file size. TIA!

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 11:43 AM, tobin_r50 said:

For those of you who have iPhones, how do y'all convert pictures from your camera roll to post on the forum? I have always had to downsize my images to be able to clear the max file size. TIA!

I just airdrop to my macbook and export from the default photos app.  It has options for quality and size.  Assuming other photo editing apps have similar (there's probably some free apps on iphone but haven't researched)

pathy2 (3).jpeg

• Like 1