Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

6 hours ago, deltaR50 said:

isnt the sway bar doing the same job?

No. Without the limiting straps I was getting noticeable strut top out under certain conditions. Noticeable as in a large bang that was enough to make you say “what the — was that?”. The limiting straps work great, they cushion the top out extension so the violent top out is completely gone. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RainGoat said:

Keep us posted as to how long until they need replacement. I doubt their lifespan would be long here in the PNW whereas they might go for a handful if years in CA.

It’s kind of hard to find too much data on lifespan of these. Everything I found was anecdotal from assorted off roading forums, but the number that was most often thrown around was to expect 3-5 years out of a good high quality strap. 

2 minutes ago, RainGoat said:

That’s what I figured but I’ll still be here 5-10yrs from no so let us know when it gives out, miles & weather exposure

Will do! If the next reply on this topic is in 5 years, so be it, lol!

• Like 1

Early east Tennessee Morning before the storms hit. Please pray for the families who lost 2 children during the tornado's in Texas yesterday. Meteorologist say two rounds are heading this way. The first round in the am est, 2nd mid to late afternoon.Prayers sent! #godblessyourheartsd4704c981ef3f585b66814e9313d3c50.jpg

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Mrelcocko said:

Early east Tennessee Morning before the storms hit. Please pray for the families who lost 2 children during the tornado's in Texas yesterday. Meteorologist say two rounds are heading this way. The first round in the am est, 2nd mid to late afternoon.Prayers sent! #godblessyourheartsd4704c981ef3f585b66814e9313d3c50.jpg

Stay safe and let us know how you’re doing!

• Like 2

Will do brother.

The winds have been brutal all day. Any loose stuff i had outside now one of my neighbors own. Had some small pathces of heavy rain but not a wash out and it jumped up close to 80 at 4 this afternoon and the sun popped out. Still windy as all get out, but nowhere near what Texas got. Still pray for the lives lost and the hearts broken because of wonderful mother nature.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RainGoat said:

Wow, it’s kind of weird to see that much snow in PDX (I realize it’s not quite PDX, but still!)

Yeah I lived there for 15 years and this was by far the most snow I have seen in the area and took advantage of it haha

• Like 2

Took a 99% amazing trip to Afton Canyon, the Mojave Lava Tubes, Kelso Dunes, and the Calico Hills. Mostly wonderful, exploring the Mojave Road and other trails nearby. Did bite off a bit more than I could chew doing the water crossing at Afton (P0130 and P01325 codes came right up), and may have overdid it on the clutch trying a slightly too difficult section of road in Calico. Looks like I have some more work to do on Hermon!

t4DcA13.jpg

ukG783L.jpg

09tQ9yf.jpg?1

• Like 8

Took a 99% amazing trip to Afton Canyon, the Mojave Lava Tubes, Kelso Dunes, and the Calico Hills. Mostly wonderful, exploring the Mojave Road and other trails nearby. Did bite off a bit more than I could chew doing the water crossing at Afton (P0130 and P01325 codes came right up), and may have overdid it on the clutch trying a slightly too difficult section of road in Calico. Looks like I have some more work to do on Hermon!

The Afton Cyn water crossing turned me around when I was last there as I had my ex-Brother-in-law’s Sequoia borrowed from CO Springs (feeling a little better about it as we put 4,000 mi on the truck after Afton Cyn).

There’s a nice little camping spot tucked into the NW side of that first outcropping W of the Kelso-Cima Road and a surprisingly pleasant BLM campground up in Mid Hills-ours had a great Western panoramic view.
  • Like 1

The Afton Cyn water crossing turned me around when I was last there as I had my ex-Brother-in-law’s Sequoia borrowed from CO Springs (feeling a little better about it as we put 4,000 mi on the truck after Afton Cyn).

There’s a nice little camping spot tucked into the NW side of that first outcropping W of the Kelso-Cima Road and a surprisingly pleasant BLM campground up in Mid Hills-ours had a great Western panoramic view.

Yeah...I probably should have turned around too. We had a mixed group with several cars, so I felt like we had to get back. I should have just chilled with my wife in the valley and met them the next day. Still...future repairs aside, that was a fun water crossing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk