Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

1 minute ago, joshrichard said:

Weird? Mine takes about 2-3 minutes from a cold start to warm up and usually have from change it from back and the bottom to just the bottom because it gets so waem

Is the "high" setting back and bottom and "low" just bottom?  Mine only had high and low settings and I never looked into if they heated different parts of the seat.

Is the "high" setting back and bottom and "low" just bottom?  Mine only had high and low settings and I never looked into if they heated different parts of the seat.

Holy Sh1t!! I was just thinking the same thing & I’ve had that truck 16 years!!
  • Haha 1

Quick pic of the R50 getting some work done! It’s dirty, but honestly that’s how it lives most of it’s life...she’s more function than form!
179a997fb215c09c75f7757e32227d0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

My seats take many minutes to warm & have since new. On a sub 32* day, I don’t feel them until I’m over halfway to work (& about 3-5”). It also annoys me how it appears to cycle: warm, luke warm, a little cool, warm again. I’ve always assumed it has some system where it heats up to a certain temp, turns off & then turns on again either at a certain temp or after some time interval. Literally every other car I’ve rented, driven or owned has been better. My wife’s ‘01 Jetta could cook a meal in about a minute. I also liked it’s 5 set points so you could get it just right (though I’d never advocate buying a VW). Our T4R has multi adjust & can warm you through my Mom’s sheepskin covers over leather & even with her little 1” booster she uses. The MDX is ‘09 & similar but faster & warmer than the Path. The G has multi adjust & is much warmer & consistent. All that said, I’ll take it over no seat warmers - I love seat warmers as the truck is almost always quite cold when I get into it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A.Sans said:

I really really wish they had that option for the Pathfinder.  Heated Rear seats would be a deal breaker!  

Heated seats front and rear, adaptive cruise control (called ICC or Intelligent Cruise Control by Infiniti), touch screen satellite navigation, automatic climate control, fancy 4wd, etc...and all in 2002!  Mercedes has nothing on Infiniti!

• Like 2

Heated seats front and rear, adaptive cruise control (called ICC or Intelligent Cruise Control by Infiniti), touch screen satellite navigation, automatic climate control, fancy 4wd, etc...and all in 2002!  Mercedes has nothing on Infiniti!
Agree. Advanced way ahead of the competition.

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

• Like 1

Honestly, better than a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium as far as conveniences, I’m constantly amazed our “Premium” T4R is missing things my 16 year older Pathfinder has (auto lights, seat memory, auto climate, gas tank lock, roof rails that extend forward past the rear passenger compartment, 6 way power seats, All Wheel Drive). You can get some of that on the Limited so it’s not entirely a fair comparison & the locker & ATRAC are fantastic, but still - it’s the little stuff.
@mjotrainbrain, are you telling me the ‘02 QX4 had heated rear seats? Also, adaptive cruise? I mean, I knew it had the remote rear hatch glass pop (& an analog clock) but, wow, those others are big.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RainGoat said:

Honestly, better than a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium as far as conveniences, I’m constantly amazed our “Premium” T4R is missing things my 16 year older Pathfinder has (auto lights, seat memory, auto climate, gas tank lock, roof rails that extend forward past the rear passenger compartment, 6 way power seats, All Wheel Drive). You can get some of that on the Limited so it’s not entirely a fair comparison & the locker & ATRAC are fantastic, but still - it’s the little stuff.
@mjotrainbrain, are you telling me the ‘02 QX4 had heated rear seats? Also, adaptive cruise? I mean, I knew it had the remote rear hatch glass pop (& an analog clock) but, wow, those others are big.

My 4th gen 4Runner has a locked door, interesting that they did away with it for the 5th gens.

And yeah, the heated seats were super awesome, switches were mounted on the back of the center console.  The adaptive cruise was super cool while it worked (died after 1 year of ownership, 3 days at the dealer determined it was the sensor in the bumper and would be $3k to fix, so it stayed broken), you could even select 3 or 4 different distances to follow a slower vehicle at.

• Like 1

My 4th gen 4Runner has a locked door, interesting that they did away with it for the 5th gens.

And yeah, the heated seats were super awesome, switches were mounted on the back of the center console.  The adaptive cruise was super cool while it worked (died after 1 year of ownership, 3 days at the dealer determined it was the sensor in the bumper and would be $3k to fix, so it stayed broken), you could even select 3 or 4 different distances to follow a slower vehicle at.

Don’t forget your adjustable headlights your Infiniti headlights looked so much better than the pathfinders
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, joshrichard said:

Don’t forget your adjustable headlights emoji849.pngemoji23.png your Infiniti headlights looked so much better than the pathfinders

HID too, quite bright and not a gross yellow color.  Headlight housings, even without the HID ballast, for post facelift QX4's are EXPENSIVE though, so I suggest not drifting into a tree, even if I does lead to you getting an epic bumper.  Not that I'm speaking from experience.

• Like 4

HID too, quite bright and not a gross yellow color.  Headlight housings, even without the HID ballast, for post facelift QX4's are EXPENSIVE though, so I suggest not drifting into a tree, even if I does lead to you getting an epic bumper.  Not that I'm speaking from experience.

I always wondered if there was more to that story than what was told in your build thread!! I never even thought about it, having an Infiniti would add a who new level of threat to jeep guys and what the hell is this guy driving! For people who don’t know cars
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, joshrichard said:

I always wondered if there was more to that story than what was told in your build thread!! I never even thought about it, having an Infiniti would add a who new level of threat to jeep guys and what the hell is this guy driving! For people who don’t know cars

Yeah, there's is more to that story haha.  Note to self: if you're gonna drift, take note of if you're in 2wd or 4x4 first, because it makes a big difference in how the vehicle will react ?

There was actually one occasion where a drunk snowmobiler yelled something along the lines of "is that a f#$+!n Lexus?!?" as the groups passed one another, certainly interesting haha.  The Jeepers definitely weren't intimidated, but I think they were generally very surprised.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RainGoat said:

With LX570s, GX470s & 460s there are Lexus out there

LX470 and GX470 are my reasonable dream cars.  Prefer the LX because of the Land Cruiser base, but they definitely don't lack in performance or luxury at all.  Can't speak completely for GX

On 12/10/2018 at 12:30 AM, jtchal said:

How many R50s is too many? Dad's, Girlfriend's and mine... Haha
I need to put my running boards back on soon too.

IMG_20181209_161352_zpsgrcwby5w.jpg

If you ever come across another set of those wide wind deflectors, let me know, i want a set SO bad!

-Kyle

7 hours ago, ferrariowner123 said:

If you ever come across another set of those wide wind deflectors, let me know, i want a set SO bad!

-Kyle

There's plenty of wreckers around the country, I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to locate a clean set. Shipping it would be a right pr*ck though...

• Like 1