Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

17 minutes ago, mjotrainbrain said:

How do you plan to coat it?

I’m in between the Harbor Freight bediner and Monstaliner.  I don’t think they’re in the same class, but it’s come down to budget (HF) vs. wanting to get something not in black (ML).  If I can find Herculiner in gray for a reasonable price, I might go that route. Regardless of the flavor, I’m planning to use a schutz/undercoating spray gun to apply it, since rolling it on won’t be an option with all the crevices. Not sure what my primer options will be quite yet.

• Like 3

Yeah yeah, enjoy the confidence that it won't rot through in a couple months...ya darn Arizona people!

It's so true! Rust patina is actually a desert look. It's so arid there it will last forever. I remember leaving the tent fly at home for 10 day trips because there was no chance of rain. And,anything that does get wet, is bone dry in about an hour.

8 minutes ago, 02_Pathy said:

Complete noob on here so let's see if this works

Pathfinder Jones Creek pt.4.jpg

Welcome! Sharp ride! I'd certainly be interested to read what you've done so far. Consider making a thread with the details in the "members ride" section.

20 minutes ago, 02_Pathy said:

That's a seriously good looking rig!  If you've got a good sunset pic feel free to add that to the October 2018 Truck of the Month thread, it'll be open for 10 more days.

Really like the details like CB antenna placement, light bar placement, and low roof rack.  Looks real slick.

• Like 1

Just now, mjotrainbrain said:

That's a seriously good looking rig!  If you've got a good sunset pic feel free to add that to the October 2018 Truck of the Month thread, it'll be open for 10 more days.

Really like the details like CB antenna placement, light bar placement, and low roof rack.  Looks real slick.

Thanks man! Will do, I'll upload them to the TotM thread. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 02_Pathy said:

The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced you're on IG.  If you are, what's your username?  I bet I follow you and just don't remember.

Gosh I love black R50's...your post sent me on a Craigslist cruise haha.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjotrainbrain said:

The more I look at it, the more I'm convinced you're on IG.  If you are, what's your username?  I bet I follow you and just don't remember.

Gosh I love black R50's...your post sent me on a Craigslist cruise haha.

You sir are correct! Yeah I'm on instagram more and that's where I'm posting my "thread", it's theblackpathfinder on IG

• Like 1

That's a seriously good looking rig!  Really like the details like CB antenna placement, light bar placement, and low roof rack.  Looks real slick.

He also has done a really nice rack attachment (his is my template) & an innovative installation of LED reverse lights in the rear bumper reflector slots. It’s a VERY nice looking truck! I’ve been on him to do some write ups as those last two projects were really nice. Nice rig control at Tahuya as well. FINALLY on NPORA!
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, RainGoat said:

He also has done a really nice rack attachment (his is my template) & an innovative installation of LED reverse lights in the rear bumper reflector slots. It’s a VERY nice looking truck! I’ve been on him to do some write ups as those last two projects were really nice. Nice rig control at Tahuya as well. FINALLY on NPORA!

I had several methods of mounting the rack on my QX4 and was never quite pleased with it, I'd be interested to see him do some writeups!

11 hours ago, AlabamaDan said:

How is that roof rack mounted and what kind is it?

I was going to make a write up about this as I knew people would be asking. It's a rola rack with extension and held on by electrical conduit clamps. Standby for the write up!

• Like 1

I was going to make a write up about this as I knew people would be asking. It's a rola rack with extension and held on by electrical conduit clamps. Standby for the write up!

Does it clear the sunroof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only kind of, that’s why I want to elevate it about a half inch. Also, that would allow the hooks from cam or ratchet straps to fit over the lower bars-they currently don’t clear the rails & the upper bars are about 1.25-1.5” diameter-too wide for the hooks.? I’m working on solving this now for my truck. I think short spacers should be adequate but I want aluminum as mine has to sit out in the constant rain for the next 10 years. I do worry that this might increase wind noise however.

1 hour ago, Astrorami said:

Does it clear the sunroof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sun roof opens but the glass barely taps the bar, I've been wanting to raise it just ever so slightly but just haven't found the time to do it yet. When I make the write up about it I'll give the full details obviously. 

56 minutes ago, RainGoat said:

Only kind of, that’s why I want to elevate it about a half inch. Also, that would allow the hooks from cam or ratchet straps to fit over the lower bars-they currently don’t clear the rails & the upper bars are about 1.25-1.5” diameter-too wide for the hooks.? I’m working on solving this now for my truck. I think short spacers should be adequate but I want aluminum as mine has to sit out in the constant rain for the next 10 years. I do worry that this might increase wind noise however.

Yeah there's very little room between the lower bar and rails. Hopefully soon I'll have a solution to fix this problem.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...