Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

On what turned out to be the second day and last day of a 4 day of road trip. About 5 minutes after this was taken my tail pipe disconnected from the muffler after hitting a bump, the check engine light came on and my brakes faded in a bad way. And about 3 hours after that my VHF radio died remote cable from the head to body quit.

Check engine light was the stupid evap monitor - gas cap issue - carry a code reader

Tail pipe just got bungied to the roof rack - truck is not a lot louder without it

Brakes are being checked Thursday but looks like the booster or booster value is failing -low RPM brakes are ok but every now and then the pedal almost hit the floor. Stop wait a couple minutes pedal was good and stayed that way for 30 minutes to an hour - no fluid loss. It was a long drive home, with a lot to brake pedal testing but no issues.

But still a excellent wander 2 1/2 day wander around Southwest BC - avoiding all the big forest fires. This is about 50 to 60 K from the nearest pavement down a FSR that has zero traffic,and where everything went south 50°17.21' N 119°38.65' W. And it is a long way down. And to make things fun 15 K from the main there was a washout big enough to park an R50 and walk across the roof to get to the other side. Had to go all the way back.

8m8qoOx.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On what turned out to be the second day and last day of a 4 day of road trip. About 5 minutes after this was taken my tail pipe disconnected from the muffler after hitting a bump, the check engine light came on and my brakes faded in a bad way. And about 3 hours after that my VHF radio died remote cable from the head to body quit.

Check engine light was the stupid evap monitor - gas cap issue - carry a code reader

Tail pipe just got bungied to the roof rack - truck is not a lot louder without it

Brakes are being checked Thursday but looks like the booster or booster value is failing -low RPM brakes are ok but every now and then the pedal almost hit the floor. Stop wait a couple minutes pedal was good and stayed that way for 30 minutes to an hour - no fluid loss. It was a long drive home, with a lot to brake pedal testing but no issues.

But still a excellent wander 2 1/2 day wander around Southwest BC - avoiding all the big forest fires. This is about 50 to 60 K from the nearest pavement down a FSR that has zero traffic,and where everything went south 50°17.21' N 119°38.65' W. And it is a long way down. And to make things fun 15 K from the main there was a washout big enough to park an R50 and walk across the roof to get to the other side. Had to go all the way back.

8m8qoOx.jpg

Some would call that a test drive-lol.

97JR50. I'm a clean freak what can I say. I got it for five hundred back in January. It's taken me 8 months to get it like this and many trips to my local Pull A Part. Sorry got on a picture Kick.ad9dbd194e231f0905c79ca19260b0a5.jpgd5426af0ea50e4a26c4b73cbbe51db04.jpg0b7ba605486b0dbc601d142a829e0456.jpg39a68c70c4d631419876246e44aec093.jpg06e80b59a05aa461d79c30421154fc02.jpg44f7439c050730b354c6e2b099dc6049.jpg341f8166579d690a4f493368b595d6d1.jpga409c478d25e4032f64f3814fd5c1e85.jpgb472b113cd71563fae4a3c0651966179.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1e9b23c8700305daae1f9fadcf55104f.jpg

2003 LE

1.75" Old Man Emu HD suspension / shocks

1" Fleury spacers front and rear.

245/70-r17 E rated BFG Ko2's

This was taken on old Barlow trail by Mt Hood Oregon.

Photo credit by my friend Fred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

CDN_S4 I don's suppose you remember where you found that CB Antenna mount do you?

Doubt Virgil will reply (he went to the dark side some time ago, lol)...but it's a Firestik SS-204A mount, about $20 on eBay, Amazon, etc.

• Like 1

Doubt Virgil will reply (he went to the dark side some time ago, lol)...but it's a Firestik SS-204A mount, about $20 on eBay, Amazon, etc.

Well, I'll put my antenna on my swingate like TownDawgR50 if I ever get that done but this looks like a smart interim. Of course, my CB's only 15 years old so it's probably time to upgrade that as well. Considering Ham but finding the time to study license won't be easy.

Thanks agan hwairish!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No sweat. I ended up mounting mine on the carrier too, up on the upper hinge. I have one of those Firestik mounts but the gap on the lift gate seemed a little too small, so I never used it. I've got mine mounted with a spring and quick disconnect. Comes in handy for clearing garages and car washes (already snapped my antenna once).

Use Hamtestonline. It is easy to pass the test that way. You don't learn very much, but you will pass. I still need to go back and learn how to actually use it.

• Like 2

Use Hamtestonline. It is easy to pass the test that way. You don't learn very much, but you will pass. I still need to go back and learn how to actually use it.

I've been considering getting licensed just so I can get a radio whenever I want, that sounds helpful.

• Like 1

Some before-and-after goodness. These kinds of pictures really help me appreciate how far my truck has come, because sometimes it just feels like I have an unending list, but at least I've done so much already! It truly is amazing how much better it is offroad with the mods that I've done. Coming up on two years with the truck very soon, can't wait to see what the next one has in store!

IMG_20170828_110827948_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170828_110838473.jpg

• Like 7