Random picture of your R50

CDN_S4

left our local junkyard and i found these rocks on the side of the road. i just cant help it

10297668_890075237708820_163988366410862

What Tail light guards do you have? Because i was going to buy some from hawairish, but decided against it because we thought they wouldn't fit. Clearly, you found some that fit! and i want!!

Sweet rig, BTW

-Kyle

Wife's truck got some new tires. She was kind enough to let me have fun with the choice, so I suggested General Grabber AT2s.

A2EHi56h.jpg

xe450Gbh.jpg

gJaWrJhh.jpg

She is a generous wife. :laugh:

• Like 1

Great choice! On my phone browser so I can't see where you're from, and judging by the palm trees in the background it's probably not a concern of yours, but I have to say that these tires are downright magical in the snow. They're great to very good at everything else they've been through also, with the exception of thick gooey mud. They wear very well too.

• Like 1

Great choice! On my phone browser so I can't see where you're from, and judging by the palm trees in the background it's probably not a concern of yours, but I have to say that these tires are downright magical in the snow. They're great to very good at everything else they've been through also, with the exception of thick gooey mud. They wear very well too.

We're in Galveston, TX. It's not the best spot for trails/off-roading, but as we explore more around the area, I'm sure we'll find something or someplace that'll be worth the investment. The tires that were on the truck still had about 50% tread on them, but they were so extremely weather-cracked I was worried that one or more tires would fail on the interstate. She didn't mind my suggestion, and is half-serious about wanting a mild-lift kit. I've seen that one member here has 1"-2" lifts for a really reasonable price.

Also, we are able to drive out on sections of the beach here, and there can occasionally be some challenging spots (very rarely, and very small spots, but still...) so it'll be nice knowing that there are better tires on all four corners. Previously had all-season SUV/Crossover BFGoodrich touring tires on. Good road manners, and even though we hadn't had any issues with them off-road, they weren't exactly confidence-inspiring.

Now to keep on searching for a nearby area to explore for overlanding/camping.

No, way too much hassle as that requires extending the drive shaft. Not something I wanna get into. When it flexes it all lines up perfectly centered, which is much more important than it looking pretty while it's parked.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Yes it's the stock driveshaft. I have a SFD so my front CV's are sitting almost perfectly level, no binding on any U joints anywhere. The only vibration I get is from my wheel spacers. Don't know why, but even with good quality machined aluminum spacers. But the wider stance stability is enough for me to live with it. Plus I love the look of it :)

16e35aa28f70317172790de480ba0953.jpg

• Like 1

Yes it's the stock driveshaft. I have a SFD so my front CV's are sitting almost perfectly level, no binding on any U joints anywhere. The only vibration I get is from my wheel spacers. Don't know why, but even with good quality machined aluminum spacers. But the wider stance stability is enough for me to live with it. Plus I love the look of it :)

16e35aa28f70317172790de480ba0953.jpg

I'm sure it's buried somewhere in this thread, but what tire carrier is that? It's a swing away with Jerry Can mounts on it and that's pretty unique. Did you custom fab that or did you buy it?

Thanks. It's all custom made from scratch. I actually modified the design after a year to what you see above. For more details check out my build thread.