Best Place to Buy Parts for 99

jckevin

My 99 Pathfinder has about 130,000 miles on it. Clean but probably not mechanically maintained as it should have been. Leaks oil and recently started leaking up front on right side (middle).

I've got a great mechanic with low overhead to look things over and resolve the problem. But I'd like to buy the parts online and bring to him.

If I took some pictures would someone be willing to tell me what's 'likely' the problem? Then I can buy some seals and belts.

At 130k you're 25k overdue for the timing belt, if it was never done, it's also a good idea (if nobody's been in there yet) to do the water pump at the same time as the timing belt. For those parts, don't skimp, go with oem, there is a guy in either the vendor or services section that is a Nissan parts dealer and gives good pricing (and great advice) to members of this forum. As for your leak, probably valve cover gasket, some have had luck just gently tightening the screws, but the right (passenger) side is actually very easy to change (only come in pairs though). For parts that don't need to be oem, I highly recommend rockauto.com, they're also in the vendor section, usually offer a 5% discount code. Basically, a good idea to stick with oem parts for timing belt, water pump, strut mounts/bearings. Most everything else can be replaced with quality aftermarket parts. This forum can be very helpful, so search away! Oh, and welcome to the Pathfinder family.

Alkorahil - He is more than happy to help you out

rockauto

amazon.com

Lordco (if you have the discount)

I agree that it sounds like a valve cover gasket leak. If it's the 99.5+ then it might be your oil seal. I also agree on the timing belt+water pump if it hasn't been done. Might as well do a full tune up too.

Edited by Quaintbucket

If your oil is leaking, you can try oil stop leak. I had a 99 and now have an 01. Same problem. I got stop leak for both and it fixed it right up. And also make sure all of your gaskets are tight. Some of mine were loose when I bought it.