Idle relearn procedure 3.3l

Rebelord

Sup guys out for work so dont have my usual full access to the fsm. Truck ia idling very high right now. Keeps around 1k rpm in park and nutruel. Drive is correct 750 +-50. Drives just fine.

Ok so what I am looking for is which fsm part is the procedure to download just that one and the pages. Or the instructions here is fine.

Thanks

William

Sent from my Moto X

Did you change anything to make it idle high? If not its probably your thermal element on your fast idle cam took a crap. If you cleaned your TB it can cause it to idle slightly higher until it compensates for the extra air.

I dont know if you have the drive by wire "no cables going to the throttle body" but as far as i know there is only a relearn procedure for that type of throttle control. The other one is all manual adjustments and after you turn the key on and off for 5 seconds 21ish times it locks the idle in as perma idle happiness. with a rainbow? /shrug

GL with her

Pat

On the 3.3 found the idle screw. Its not on the TB. Its on the upper intake towards the firewall. Very odd but fixed it.

Yes I cleaned the TB and the intake along with the MAF real good. I left to its own devices for over a week and it didn't come down. Thats why I had to adjust it.

Sent from my Moto X