Motor and Tranny Mounts

piste

Greetings all...been a while. So my motor mounts are knocking like crazy. I'm going to get some new ones and have my local mechanic put them in. My question is this....in terms of economizing on the labor involved...should I do the tranny mount at the same time? Or maybe save the tranny mount for when my long barking clutch finally decides to give up the ghost and do it then ...possibly saving on labor. I don't know enough about the work to determine this. And honestly for all I know the tranny mount is knocking now too...so am I best to bite the bullet and do them all now at the same time?

ETA...it's in my profile but fyi in case it matters...shouldn't...'97 SE..original owner.

Edited by piste

To remove the transmission, you would have to remove the transmission Crossmember, the mount sits between the Crossmember and the Trans, so it would technically be quicker to do it then, because the Trans will be out of the car. But the Trans mount is fairly easy to get to anyone. I have personally never changed mine, but from looking at it, it doesn't look like it would take very long. It's just 4 bolts.

-Kyle