Whats with this HORN???

findmypath

Do Pathfinders have wimpy horns?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do Pathfinders have wimpy horns?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hey Everyone. This poll might seem weird but I have some beef with these Pathy Horns. Let me explain. I'm a new 2003 LE Pathy owner and my previous car was a Chevy Blazer. The Blazer had a deep tone horn, and when you used it to make some grandma get off the road it REALLY MADE A STATEMENT. Now with my Pathfinder when I honk at people bc of their stupidity on the road I feel as if the horn isn't even there. I think the engineers at Nissan took the horn of the sentra or some smaller car. They should've changed the design and made it more DEEP and TOUGH since it is a truck. ALLLRIGHT. I just had to get this off my chest. I hope that I'm the only one who thinks this but I think you will all agree with me.

PS. If anyone changed their horn to a deeper, better one I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks.

Go buy a replacement Fiamm horn from an auto parts store (about $8) and add it to the Pathy. Get the "Low Note" horn, not the "High Note" horn.

I added one to my Pathy and installed a relay to provide the power for all three at the same time, works great.

You can simply change out the wimpy TEET horns to a more powerful Freeway Blaster horn from FIAMM. Any auto parts store will carry them. I changed mine to the Freeway Blaster and have been very satisfied. BTW, it's the same kind of horn on the Blazers... :aok:

Speaking of that...one of my horns burned out, so I'm going to go replace them now...haha. :clap:

88pathoffroad...i know that if anyone has a sugestion for your question its you!!! So i'll wait to hear. ;) all i have come up with for that very sitation is (which i haven't done yet either) go to a major truck center and look for their air horn compressor replacement.

I incidentally thought all the same as yous guys and bought from auto zone the "blazer" twin air horn set and used the two front horn locations as my new mounting points. when facing the truck the horns are in the middle under the hood latch facing to the passenger side, and the compressor is closer to the passenger side wher the other front stock horn is. They do not provide a relay, you are supposed to run it off your stock wiring...i opt'd for the relay, but was able to use thee stock horn (+) signal to make it beep from the horn button.

In addition to that garb...the pathy has three horns...hold on this is very cool (i think) The front 2 horns that i removed and replaced were the only ones that blow with the push of the steering wheel, the third mounted back inside the engine bay, beside the passenger side manifold only blows with the "panic" button??!! So when i hit the panic, i get air horn and one of those darn tweety jobs blowing, but i left well enough alone!!!

-alcohol- feb 18 national guiness day hooray!

And what, pray tell, would you run air horns with that require 100 PSI air to make noise?

didn't you install a compressed air cylinder for your tires? Just hook that up. If you're offroad, use it for tires. On the highway, blast the air horn.

lol 5 tones? i wonder what the PSI for that thing is.

ive got some dual tone air horns my self, i have still yet to set it up right with the proper relay, but its still loud so far. plus it gets the attention of passer bys. and a PA for backup.

Im BUYIN it! (no not really thats too much would be cool though) I needed somethin like that just now when i was drivin home some jacka$$ was behind me honkin his horn tryin to get me to run out into traffic and cut someone off. If i had that i could have made him deaf and called it even.

A buddy of mine used to have a triple-horn train setup...it would blow loud enough on 100 PSI to hurt your ears BAD...I think they're set up for more like two or three times that, though. Train horns are LOUD on a train...

last i heard trains had to be heard up to a quater mile away for safety reasons. any one else ever hear about that?

The Freeway Blaster horns I got were a direct replacement for the teet horns. I just bolted them to the existing mounting brackets and honked away all my puny horn woes...hehe.

Vengeful, you got any pics of where you installed it at? I'm interested now. :D

guys,

i may be late in responding to the compressor question...but you could use your rock sliders for the compressed air for the big az air horns!!! the site for the sliders recommends it for light air tool use...soooo you could use it for the horns too and just have to pump them up every so often!!! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Thoses are just about what you get everywhere now.

i replaced my "teet-horns" a month or two ago with the standard "autozone dual tumpet". not super loud, but a bit more pericing. but then, when i went to get the pathy inspected, it didn't count. so i bought and installed the highway blasters, and then added a relay/switch for the air horn (mounted under passenger fender). now i can have the required "OEM only"... or all at once. does a good job of getting peoples attention... though i admit now i just want to add more...