Bumper and lift guidance

lineman329

First off, I have researched the pinned topics and am still a little lost. Any help would be appreciated. As far as my lift question, is there a thread that has a detailed parts list of what I need for the 2"AC lift and where I can purchase the parts? I know that there are a few options as far as brands of shocks/struts and what not. Also, I have the 5-speed pathy. Will the lift effect my shift, steering linkage or brake lines?

I have seen a few members that have went with an XJ steel front bumper. Do they just mount right up or will I need to break out the welder? I found the XRC by Smitty Built for $100 bucks.

Thanks for any tips or help! Sorry if I missed the threads that answer these questions. Cheers

AC lift from 4x4parts.com. Can just install springs and go. But best done with new struts n shocks. Extended brake lines are a good option to do also. Because at full droop in the rear it can get pretty tight. Still have to possibly worry about strut top out.

Other options are OME and IronMan springs.

As for the XJ bumper. You have to modify the mount brackets and cut the swept back corners on the bumper. Not a direct bolt on.

Sent from my Moto X

First off, I have researched the pinned topics and am still a little lost. Any help would be appreciated. As far as my lift question, is there a thread that has a detailed parts list of what I need for the 2"AC lift and where I can purchase the parts? I know that there are a few options as far as brands of shocks/struts and what not. Also, I have the 5-speed pathy. Will the lift effect my shift, steering linkage or brake lines?

I have seen a few members that have went with an XJ steel front bumper. Do they just mount right up or will I need to break out the welder? I found the XRC by Smitty Built for $100 bucks.

Thanks for any tips or help! Sorry if I missed the threads that answer these questions. Cheers

Cheak out theexbritt's build of his bumper

Yeah I have considered Steve's spacers. Seems the easiest without breaking the bank! Does any one use his spacers? Do they work with the AC lift for a few inches or is it one or the other?

Yeah I have considered Steve's spacers. Seems the easiest without breaking the bank! Does any one use his spacers? Do they work with the AC lift for a few inches or is it one or the other?

Just ordered and received a set of the 1.5" spacers to accompany my OME 0.5" lift springs that have about 30k miles on them. 4x4designs was super easy to deal with and the spacers arrived in Colorado about 4 biz days after I ordered them. The spacers seem plenty burly enough. I hope to stuff 265/75's in after I install them.

Just ordered and received a set of the 1.5" spacers to accompany my OME 0.5" lift springs that have about 30k miles on them. 4x4designs was super easy to deal with and the spacers arrived in Colorado about 4 biz days after I ordered them. The spacers seem plenty burly enough. I hope to stuff 265/75's in after I install them.

Thank you!

Sorry to the op for the thredjacking, but nocojay, please keep us updated on how you make out with that combo and 265/75's, I'm running the .5" AC springs and haven't been able to decide on which of his spacers to get.

I have the same setup with ome springs with 1.5 spacers up front and 3in in the rear I fit 285/70

I have the same setup with ome springs with 1.5 spacers up front and 3in in the rear I fit 285/70

So you're running a total lift of 3.5" in front and 3" out back? How are your cv angles and front wheel alignment? I'm very interested to figure out the least expensive but practical way to run my almost new 285/70/17's I have on Titan wheels. I know it'd require spacers to clear the struts, but since I already have them sitting in the garage (and they're paid for)...

My cv angles look okay and my front wheel alignment I had to get a camber bolt that I just bought at oreilly auto and adjusted it pretty good my tread hasn't been wearing out crazy off it's even to me that's what I have is titan wheels I'm using 2in spacers for the wheels I've been running this setup for over a year I'll try and take some pictures of the cv angles

• Like 1