Cylinder head swap

ccnoel123

I have 93 Pathfinder and as usual the passenger side exhaust has a 2 broken studs. I found a 92 in the junk yard that has a set of headers on it already. i also want to replace the timing belt as the truck has 222k on it. My question is should I just swap over the heads or just the stock exhaust manifold with the headers off of the one in the junk yard.

I'd just replace the headers! AFAIC replacing the head is much more work than removing a couple of broken studs, and you don't even know the condition of the heads...

Good find on headers in a junk yard, do they say what brand? (there are only a few manufacturers)

What color is the Pathy?

B

I didn't look at the headers that closely to find out what brand they are. My Pathy is dark greenish blue and the one the headers are on is gold. I guess I better buy some good quality drill bits and stud extractors!

Yes, and I highly recommend left handed bits as well. If you are lucky, there will be some material sticking out that you can get pliers or vice grips on. There are plenty of threads on how people have tackled the job, so do a search for them. ;)

The reason I ask about the truck is that one was stolen in Warshington not too long ago, and it is possible it was stripped and junked out of state. When you go to get the headers, could you please take a few pictures and get the VIN?

And what is up with all the repeat posts? Please don't do that, it confuses the issue and wastes our time (to delete them)! P...

B

The repeat posts happened because when I went to post the first time I got an error message that told me to retry so I did. A bunch of times. :tired: And yes, I will take photo's of the and get VIN # as well.