Axxess steering control unit

kiwimik

Hi guys, new member, just got my pathfinder a couple of months back and loving it. The first thing i did was bin the factory stereo and install a sony double din touch screen. I ordered online an axxess steering control unit to regain the stereo controls off the steering wheel.

I can't find the plugs to plug this thing into, site and emails from axxess say it should work, but i cant figure it out, anyone on here have experience with one of these units, any help would be greatly appreciated. i have even given it to my local auto sparky with all paper work and web links, have the right part just can't find the right bits in the truck to plug it into

Thanks for the help!

MIke

Was the factory stereo Bose Audio with Navigation/GPS system or was it a non-Nav (Bose or not)?

I recently installed on in my other car and it was extremely easy. There are no factory connectors that you "plug it into" instead you have to tap into pins in a one of the trucks connectors. Looking up the instructions on Axxess's site, it appears to be almost the same.

Also, what set of Metra/Axxess install instructions are you using?

Hi, thanks for the reply, truck came with standard non nav non bose stereo. i went to the axxess site and got the correct diagram, it showed a 16 pin connector, the one i have that connects to factory radio is only a 12. Do you know the coloured wires you connected into? very frustrating, this should have been a simple plug n play from what I read!

Thanks again

Mike

Sorry, I do not remember, but I see Axxess issued a new firmware update for the interface and I am considering opening the dash to flash it, if I do I will look then.

When you say the "plugs to plug this into" what exactly do you mean by that? My Axxess unit did not have any plugs that were meant to "plug into" anything on the vehicle, only on the Axxcess unit itself. The connections to the vehicle were done using the unterminated ends of the wires.

Can you provide a bit more info on what exactly you have/installed.

Radio Model, the brand and number of any harness adapters that you bought... I assume the Axxess model is the ASWC-1?

Do you have any pictures of what you have to work with in the dash?

I just installed thar axxess thing in a buddies Xterra, biggest PITA I have ever delt with, and Metra's help line hours weren't helping. I was only getting volume and and down working and none of the other controls would do what there were suppose to do. Gave them a call, told me to do a few different things after several phone calls. And ended up with having less work than when I started.

But on X, the steering wheel control had their own dedicated plug, they were indeed 16 pins, but only two were used, a yellow with red stripe and yellow with black stripe, is their not one those anywhere on your pathy?

-Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't know if you figured this out but I opened the dash yesterday to reflash it and as it turned out the notifier was wrong about there being a "new" firmware release. While in there I looked at the wires, but can only give you one (Axxess White/Greenn to Car White/Black) but keep in mind that this may not match what you have to do. Not only is it a different model, but it is also a different make :togo:

Once you do get this going, you can take a look at their new Android App, Axxess Updater if you need to remap buttons or update it later.

• 4 weeks later...