New 2001 Pathfinder, Need Some Advice

fwizzle

Looks good fwiz! Almost identical to my '01, go slow and do it a step at a time, taking the time to think about exactly what you want and doing right the first time will make you and your bank account much happier in the end.

Thanks. I think I might start of by getting a cargo basket. A cheap item that will make my truck look more aggressive without doing a lot of work sounds good to me. Found one at Walmart for $107 with shipping so I might just get it.

Depending on the backspace , you might have to install wheel spacers., but our test truck with the 2" lift all around ran 32"

O.K. thanks Steve , I plan on keeping the 31"s on the stock steel rims and am planning on going with the 1" lift. I was pretty sure I'd need spacers or differant rims for 32"s because of how tight the 31's fit. Unless something goes wrong elsewhere I'll put in my order for 1" all around come spring. Is the skid plate plan going though, I haven't checked lately if you've got 6 yet?

O.K. thanks Steve , I plan on keeping the 31"s on the stock steel rims and am planning on going with the 1" lift. I was pretty sure I'd need spacers or differant rims for 32"s because of how tight the 31's fit. Unless something goes wrong elsewhere I'll put in my order for 1" all around come spring. Is the skid plate plan going though, I haven't checked lately if you've got 6 yet?

No problem... For the skidplate, 4 confirmed out of 6

No problem... For the skidplate, 4 confirmed out of 6

Hey quick question about the lift. Your website says the strut and coil lifts come in pairs, so for example, if I bought the front coil spacer I would get 4 1 inch coil spacers?

Steve will correct me if I'm wrong but...A 1" front lift will get you two 1" spacers. A 2" lift will get you four 1" spacers.

Well I hope that right. A $200 lift kit is pretty sick IMO.

Steve will correct me if I'm wrong but...A 1" front lift will get you two 1" spacers. A 2" lift will get you four 1" spacers.

That,s correct. For the r50, i make two models of front spacers and 2 models of rear spacers ( 1" and 1.5"). They are modular so you can mix and match the two and get the lift that is right for you... That,s unique on the market...for any lift manufacturer out there...

Welcome Bud!

fleurys is the man to talk to about spacers, and I do recommend the manual locking hub upgrade, I went with Mile Markers (much cheaper) and gained 2mpg highway. That is witht he VG33 motor, I'm not sure what you will see with the VQ35, but there has to be some positive difference.

31" tires almost fit a stock R50, but things can change if you use different rims; 1-2" lift is a good idea...

B

saw the same thing about the 2mpg with the MM hubs. I have a 96 SE 4x4 and it had 31" tires from factory. Guess i got lucky so to speak. ;P I haven't gotten mine into anything she cant get out of stock. but i have only done mild mud uphill, and lots of snow so far. Its my daily so i dont wanna beat her up too bad.

Pat

Edited by fixinto

Mile Marker don't make locking hubs for r50s anymore. :(

Warn and Rugged Ridge are the only options now. There's another brand but I forgot the name.

I bought a set of MM hubs from auto zone, this year. so unless it has changed in the last 4 or 5 months you can order them at autozone and have em in a couple of days for around 86 bux.

wow, off the top of my head i cant remember what the part number was. But 435 rings a bell.

i remember it was a pain getting the fella at the counter to look them up. we went round and round until i "refound" them on my phone and gave him the number. that phone is Ka-Put unfortunately. Let me do some browsing and i will get back with you on the part number.

Edit:

Yep, looks like 435. The kit comes with allen head bolts, just had a heck of a time wrestling with the wheel studs, but the stock nuts will fit just a "bear" to turn them a very small tweak at a time because of clearance between them and the hub. And, LOCKTITE FTW. Really easy to throw on there though. Good time to check and or repack your wheel bearings while your there. And, SNAPRING PLIERS FTW. ;P

Pat

Edited by fixinto