Bull Bar install

enkrypt3d

Yea i just looked at my truck and it only has one place on the frame to mount any type of bracket... I guess I'll have to figure out how to make another hole for additional support...... ugh what a pain!

Yea i just looked at my truck and it only has one place on the frame to mount any type of bracket... I guess I'll have to figure out how to make another hole for additional support...... ugh what a pain!

I was worried about the same thing when I installed my ARB but after taking a Chevy HD head on, I am no longer concerned with it. The bottom mounts really do take the force and I do believe that the uppers are simply to stabilize the bumper.

Now I am saying this based on a one piece ARB, so results may very with a two piece unit. But I would recommend that you seriously consider where you put additional holes if you do. The last thing you would want to do would be to actually weaken the frame welded mounts, while trying to strengthen the bumper. ;)

You could have it real tough like me and have to pry the frame horns apart to get your bumper to fit....

The upper mounts just locate the bumper like everyone says. The lower 4 bolt mounts (and on my ARB it also bolts to the tow truck tie down points) bear all the load. I actually just had those and no upper mounts in for a while, still plenty strong.

Dropped the truck off at the shop they said they should be able to handle it.... I also ordered some Rigid Industries Dually floods 2x2 to mount on the bumper since the headlights are pretty much useless... :) cant wait

Yea truck is in the shop to get a huge list of stuff fixed... new AC condenser, new brakes, new master cylinder, new UCA's and then the bumper... Hopefully it won't be too much trouble for them to fabricate a mounting bracket or modify my old OEM one's ....

Edited by enkrypt3d

What UCA's?

SUP-6065_a Nissan Pathfinder Upper Control Arms by Superlift, 1987 - 1995, 2.5" Lift

Ordered these ... from rugged rocks I think. Hoping to get some better alignment and no more wandering around the highway at speed....

Awesome! Yea cant wait to get her back... and oh yea putting on doug thorley headers with gordon catback exhaust... luckily the shop only broke 2 studs and they were able to get them out without too much trouble.... gonna be mean! :D

I wonder how much of a pain it'd be to shorten it.... just by cutting the top portions off and shorten it by 3-4"......... we'll see how it looks once its mounted up I guess.

Yea its not powder coated its just painted so yea makes it a bit easier.. but yea im sure ill be able to see the top of it over the hood while driving it hah hopefully its not too damn big lol

Thanks guys! I really like how it came out - even though the fitment wasn't perfect its not that noticeable unless you look closely...

They didn't bother mounting the top brackets so I guess that's fine until I plan on adding a winch. Not sure if / when I'll do that though. my Rigid Industries Dually LED lights are going on next and some new side marker lights, and the headlights as they aren't as bright as they should be.

The lower mounts are actually pretty solid and I think it would be fine to get pulled out if I did get stuck with some straps on those huge shackles! I'll see about posting some pics but the shop drilled some holes and had to shim it a bit to adjust it properly.