I think, I hit a rock...

jolut

A few days ago, I felt a bump under my car :whistle::tired:

The mount for the strut rod is bent. How should I fix it? just bang it, take one from the donator and weld new cups etc?

strut.JPG

strut_2.JPG

I started the topic in the garage instead :)

The Garage is a better place for it since this is not specific to the 2dr's :aok:

Next time please just ask for it to be moved rather than posting another identical thread. When you have more than one thread it hampers peoples ability to help by spreading the replies across multiple location. If everyone reads and replies in a single place, your more likely to get the help you need. ;)

I will combine the two threads into the a single topic in The Garage

:beer:

You can bend it straight, and then do the bearing race mod to keep the bushings centered. Basically you weld a bearing race of the appropriate size and weld it to the bracket. You have to grind off the existing cups, however.

Replace the TC rod, bend the flaps of the mount back straight and weld on a bearing race just as adamzan said. It's definitely not the end of the world. Good thing our trucks frames and suspension parts are so damn strong, eh? :)

Yeah it is. You just buy a suitable bearing race that fits like a cup around the TC rod bushing . Make sure it's a snug fit just like the stock stamped sheet metal cups and replace it with the bearing race. It becomes much more solid and will not tear apart like the stock ones do with age, and when I say replace I mean grind the old one off and weld the bearing race in its place. :)

Edited by Nefarious

Here is some specific information on that in this post and some Nissan factory information farther down. If Timken isn't available, you should be able to cross reference part numbers easily enough, and Alkorahil does ship parts internationally as well.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/36792-broken-compression-rod/?p=697589

B

I'm sorry, I must not have pasted the link the first time...

Edited by Precise1

Yes, I am familiar with that thread, what exactly is your question?

Here is the bearing cup specs and part numbers for what is listed in both threads. It appears that one is slightly larger than the other, both in ID and OD, with the same taper. I'm not sure which is better, but I suspect both would work. I'd measure the OD of the replacement bushing or the ID of the bushing cup and go from there.

http://cad.timken.com/item/tapered-roller-bearings-ts-tapered-single-/tapered-roller-bearings-ts-tapered-single-imperi-2/item-29320

http://cad.timken.com/item/tapered-roller-bearings-ts-tapered-single-/tapered-roller-bearings-ts-tapered-single-imperi-2/item-28644?&plpver=10&origin=keyword&filter=&by=prod

B