Help sudden crank no start!

HURRAY! Change distributor and fired right up no prob! Runnin it all around the mountian, feels strong! Timming seems fine, did not use a timing light, just followed u tube advice, and she is good to go! Got the dizzy at auto zone, with life time warrenty!

It did look like it had a bit of whare on the "gear teeth", I hope that isnt anything to be concerned about???

Thankyou for all the good info! :) Happy to be finding the path again!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I am new to the group. I see this is a few years old, but i am experiencing same issue. I have recently replaced my distributor. I have done the tests in repair manual for ignition system and if my results are correct the system is good and they lead me to the pcm. I ordered a used one with the immobilizer and key included. But it says to find the issue that fried the last pcm before installing the replacement. If my ignition system checks out, i have fuel pressure, it can inhale fresh air. Could it just be a bad pcm creating my no spark? Thanks in advance.

Welcome! It's not uncommon for aftermarket remanufactured distributors to fail fairly quickly. The most common issue that fries the ECM is a bad IAC motor, but from the info you provided, it doesn't sound like that's your issue. Easiest way to check for the IAC issue is to apply a little pressure to the gas pedal while cranking, if it starts, but dies as soon as you take your foot off the gas, the IAC is the likely culprit.

P.S. - Excellent use of the search function, btw!

Edited by 01Pathmaker