NIssanBoston's r50 mild build

Haven't got a chance to run them on snow, snow seasons coming up fairly soon so i get to try them out then. I also plan on going mudding once i get my lift.

Looks good man, you'll really like those Grabbers in the snow. Put a set (255/70/16) on my '01 just before a good dump last winter, I was cruising through 14"+ like it was on rails! So far, these are some of the best "do it all" tires I've had, great on dry/wet pavement, snow/ice, beach, hard-pack dirt and light mud. Haven't run them in deep gooey mud yet either.

• 1 month later...

Haven't been on in a while been busy with work and my family, in due time replaced my o2 sensor and yesterday i just replaced my radiator and fan shroud. wasn't to bad of a job at all.

mkhv.jpg

Looks much much better now. Reason i replaced my shroud was because i accidently broke it climbing on the truck to remove one of the clips holding the o2 sensor my arms were to short and my knee slipped and broke the shroud. lol

2ir0lzl.jpg

Old and crummy radiator

2mchwxv.jpg

You could definitly tell i needed a new radiator, had a leak from it aswell.

ieibsh.jpg

I love the way new parts look all replaced and installed.

Still have my kyb shocks , those i plan on installing next week

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this hasn't been updated in a while..., Lots of stuff happened, got my AC Coils in the mail and had them installed. 5 days later the strut topped out on me and completely disassembled. Had it towed to my mechanic , the new strut mount was also busted aswell so i had to replace both of those. Not a fun experience at all, once everything was all fixed i went off-roading with a fellow NPORA member here who goes by the name of 93_Ditchfindah. That was an adrenaline rush for me.. I was amazed my pathy could handle that much abuse . Also removed my sway bar and sway bar links for extra flex.

2va030p.jpg

Testing out a bit of flex

2pryc8n.jpg

15my41y.jpg

ekfia8.jpg

mr4xae.jpg

10css5i.jpg

Not to much of a difference, you just can't make sharp turns around corners which you shouldnt do since your in a SUV, to explain it a little bit going over slopes and slides you just feel your truck shift side to side , you get used to it after a while i like it personally. Getting the actual sway bar was a bitch to get out, get something you can cut it with i didn't have access to a power saw so i had to pry it out lol. You get so much more flex too

nice pathy, did removing the swaybar/links make much difference to on road handling? considering doing this myself now that the bushes need replacing

Never rode in on, always watched the races on TV though . Should only take you about 30 or 20 mins if you have access to a shop to remove the parts.

I will be, just gotta find time when the hoist is free, probably be a few weeks as right now we're getting the race cars ready for a meet and thats a bit hectic when there's 4 of them lol

Front swaybar removal for me was a 30 minute job in my driveway without a lift. I put it back on to replace some bushings, but took it completely off to inspect it etc.

• 10 months later...

Some pics with the jack on and more pics of the carrier for kyle

35crbeu.jpg

2ym965u.jpg

2hsanop.jpg

mm6cd0.jpg

2uf7fk2.jpg

So being R50's can you install a tire carrier on a 2003? I really prefer this look and also I would just feel better having my tire on the back rather than underneath.

So being R50's can you install a tire carrier on a 2003? I really prefer this look and also I would just feel better having my tire on the back rather than underneath.

Look hawairish , hes a member on here who has an in depth record of his process on the the swing away retrofit.

-Kyle

• 9 months later...

Haven't updated this build thread in a while, lots of changes happened to my pathy. Some include

-chopped my rear quarters

-fit 33s on a 2inch lift

-Bedlined half the truck

-removed front and rear bumpers

-longer shocks to accomadate lift

-Custom exhaust

-tail light guards

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Got the front fenders cut this week, was way easier than the rear, took about 4 cut off wheels with 1 grinding disk , and a can of herculiner. Definitely will have more than enough space to clear 35s when i install my SFD. 66202696cde3ab8473778d0213c042d0.jpgb16c6c758531defd3a2e78d8c7efa84c.jpg8c01bed94992a6e029c3a53a2a052921.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...