Quebec Fascists

Alkorahil

Honestly, I don't really care if someone slams their car other than when I almost hit them when they stop to creep in to a driveway at an angle at 1mph when any other even remotely normal vehicle would pull in 5-10 mph.

That said driving a slammed car somewhere that gets snow 9 months out of the year (WTF?) seems pretty stupid to begin with. I have no issue with them making tire stretching illegal as well, but this seems excessive...

Oh, and your insurance company is legally allowed to refuse to compensate you for a claim, if your car has been modified beyond manufacturer standards.

I'd say that maybe you have to declare it and pay more, but then I was once given an insurance quite for my superbike of $7k/yr. When I aasked why it was so rediculously high, the broker honestly told me that it was illegal for insurance companies to refuse to insure, but if they didn't want to, they could set prices to where no one would use them.

Regardless, this is just Canada, so who cares?

:whistle:

B

• Like 1

From the comments below the article:

When stance is outlawed, only outlaws have stance. Dude, that's hardcore.

Part of me wants to mock the "importance" of stance, but another part of me actually understands the youthful logic of this statement. Creepy.

• Like 2

Canadia is just America's hat

And it has those flaps for your ears!

So now all the 'because racecar hoonigans' have something else to whine about. I believe in to each their own in automotive taste though personally disliking a few of those directions 'modern' rat rods for example... But that's a topic all it's own) and not understanding the draw I a couple due to my own personal tastes. Over stretched tires though is just a safty issue alone let alone a show car (not necesiay meaning a static convention center car mind you) purpose built over some bbc top gear die hard (all te other ones are fake and unoriginal! Ignore the fact the one I devote myself to is obviously scripted and recycled the same stuff over and over!) who shouldn't touch the gas pump let alone a wrench 'builds' his daily driver into a rolling safty hazard.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to take a video on my way back from work one day this week and let you guys decide. Most of the paved roads in Quebec already look worse than a tertiary dirt road in most of North America. But we have lots of hot girls, great parties, great food, and nine months of every-corner-is-a-drift-o-matic.

I like all of this kids and their rides. It makes traffic more fun to look at. Sure, I goff and laugh at a lot of them but, it has to stop if they are making themselves dangerous to themselves and the public. Plus, they make easy targets for me to pull up as (safely) close to them at stop lights while I'm in my lifted Jeep. I know it bothers them as I see them looking at me in their mirrors.

Hey, I'm evil afterall! :lol:

• Like 1

After hearing the stories my grandfather told me about how every "kid" in town used to race their cars around the city, with bumped up HP and what not. It kind of annoys me how the younger generation is getting screwed out of being able to have fun like in "the good old days".

I don't really give a @!*% about hellaflush though.

• Like 1

The concern makes sense. Little tiny contact patches on improperly mounted tires run at weird angles is sketchy anyway, but running that on snow? :blink: I'd be pissed if my Pathy got T-boned by some idiot because his tires didn't touch the ground properly.

The trouble is making the law in a way that doesn't give cops reason to harass the owners of any modified vehicle. If they do it by tacking a bit onto their existing tire regulations (tire must be within load limit, speed rating, mounted to the size rim spec'd on the sidewall, and run within X-Y° camber unless manufacturer spec differs), I think it'd solve the problem easily enough and not hassle people unnecessarily. If they try to get too broad with it, they'll have a lot of complicated technical stuff to consider, and thinking is hard, so they'll just do arbitrary crap. Cops don't have time to understand suspensions any more than California smog checkers have time to understand engines and exhaust systems. Now it's gotta be OEM or have a special exemption!

I don't see a sinister plot... just the potential for incompetence.

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 2

In the winter, I will stop and pull almost any vehicle out of a ditch or up an icy hill.... except those little squatty cars with no ground clearance. I just tell them they should leave their matchbox cars at home when it snows.

Plus, they make easy targets for me to pull up as (safely) close to them at stop lights while I'm in my lifted Jeep. I know it bothers them as I see them looking at me in their mirrors.

Oh that makes me cringe. I don't like you a little now, knowing that you do this.

Lol, jk

If someone rolls into me, all they are going to hit is my swing away. BUT around here, the big concern is mom's on mobiles with macchiatos, in minivans, quad "m" sightings are common, no one pays attention, and anytime I go around a stupid driver, they are usually on their phone, or severely elderly.

But my opinion on this banning Hella flush, I'm unsure, I think slammed, cambered cars, are good for one thing, looking at. (if you even like them, which I kinda dig it, but would never dare dishonor a vehicle of mine like that)

These cars are usually driven by idiots, most people who cause the law to get involved are usually the idiots of any car scene. It's one who ruins it for many. So I get it, stretched tires you have no sidewall support and they are usually street only tires that people do it with so with it being winter so often it makes sense. I just hope that this doesn't spread to the US. They banned skylines, let it stop there.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

It's ridiculous. Far too broad of a set of rules. I live in canada and I drive a slammed 240sx as my daily driver although I don't have stretched tires or excessive camber I have built my car to have more grip and performance than stock, not less. I know my car is safe and controllable but if the rules make their way here then I would still be screwed since my offset is far wider than stock and my car is lowered about 3.5 inches on coil overs with fully adjustable suspension arms to correct geometry and suspension angles. Luckily I live in the west coast and on an island at that. We don't even have emissions testing here so hopefully the rules stay over the eastern side of Canada!

I agree that overly stretched tires and excessive camber should not be allowed since that's a safety hazard, but rules like the tire cannot contact any part inside the fender including the fender liner is absurd. Even running slightly larger sized tires on a stock height car can cause rubbing.. there no danger from that. There's also no danger from running larger offset rims. Ah what can I say though, those eastern frenchies are weirdos that want to seperate from Canada anyways. Lol

Edited by Nefarious

It's ridiculous. Far too broad of a set of rules. I live in canada and I drive a slammed 240sx as my daily driver although I don't have stretched tires or excessive camber I have built my car to have more grip and performance than stock, not less. I know my car is safe and controllable but if the rules make their way here then I would still be screwed since my offset is far wider than stock and my car is lowered about 3.5 inches on coil overs with fully adjustable suspension arms to correct geometry and suspension angles. Luckily I live in the west coast and on an island at that. We don't even have emissions testing here so hopefully the rules stay over the eastern side of Canada!

I agree that overly stretched tires and excessive camber should not be allowed since that's a safety hazard, but rules like the tire cannot contact any part inside the fender including the fender liner is absurd. Even running slightly larger sized tires on a stock height car can cause rubbing.. there no danger from that. There's also no danger from running larger offset rims. Ah what can I say though, those eastern frenchies are weirdos that want to seperate from Canada anyways. Lol

How much snow do you get on that island, because that really was the point of most of those laws...

B

Dude, I have to live right next to those lunatics. And more often than not, they spill over here. lol.

You referring to Quebecians, or hellaflush enthusuasts? Or both? Lol

I suspect both! Speaking of which: this morning I was rolling to work behind a GMC pulling a trailer, a Civic and a 2006-7 hellaflushed/riced Toyota Celica. We were cruising along at 50km/h (small street, with cyclists and a crap-load of trees), the legal limit. all three of us pulled up to the stop sign, The Celica on the other hand pulled into the other lane and stood on the gas, accelerating through the stop sign, passing the Civic and the GMC. The teenage driver and his also male friend pulled back into the lane and proceeded to turn left to the ramp for the highway 1/4 mile ahead of the normal people.....

It is for those young and clearly retarded drivers that all right-hand drive cars less than 20 years old are now illegal. Add to that, the hellaflush / hyper-cambered craze and there you have the reason for the legislation.

I like all of this kids and their rides. It makes traffic more fun to look at. Sure, I goff and laugh at a lot of them but, it has to stop if they are making themselves dangerous to themselves and the public. Plus, they make easy targets for me to pull up as (safely) close to them at stop lights while I'm in my lifted Jeep. I know it bothers them as I see them looking at me in their mirrors.

I did this this morning on a tow with the 6500 GMC flatbed to a squatty over cambered Miata, guy probably thought he was in Duel :lol:

:laugh: Yea bushnut.... maybe so .. but there was a mini mall 1km behind us that he passed a minute before! But really I don't mind, I think it looks great and would most likely do that if I had a street car .... but I guess the woodsy / redneck / mountain biker-hooligan won out with a Pathfinder after all of these years!!! At any rate, I don't mind what they do as long as they don't drive like retards and ruin it for the rest of us..... but it's now too late for that ( twice over I might add ), so I guess I'll have to move to a more intelligent / less belligerent province.

welcome to friendly Manitoba! it's somewhat flat,the sun shines lots, and the mosquitos are dangerous...but only for 5 months of the year...the rest of the time its cold....but other than that living is cheep (sorta) and there is lots work, lots of pretty ladies and we're half way to anywhere else.

Edited by bushnut