need a key

madizm620

Does anyone know how or where to find they key code to get a new key cut for my doors or do i need a locksmith to come do it? whe i bought the pathy it just came with one ignition key and an alarm system to lock and unlock the doors. I'm afraid if my battery dies i wont be able to get in.

You have a Nissan right? I rally haven't seen a Japanese car with seperate keys. The door key and ignition key is all American. If your battery dies, then use your key. :shrug:

Edited by 90seven

darned if I didn't misplace my key to my blinker fluid resevoir. I upgraded to the locking type since it run with a high grade and it kept being stolen. Now I can't get into the thing and my lights are going crazy cause I'm low on fluid.

darned if I didn't misplace my key to my blinker fluid resevoir. I upgraded to the locking type since it run with a high grade and it kept being stolen. Now I can't get into the thing and my lights are going crazy cause I'm low on fluid.

ahahhha :D

dude, if you happen to have a Nissan key blank you can take it to home depot and they will cut it for free, if not they have them there and its like 1.29 for a key.

No the thing is my ignition key does not work for the doors, i tried every door with the key i got with the truck and none work. Maybe the truck was stolen before and the ignition was smashed? and they replaced it but lost the key for the doors? who knows but i just know i dont have a key to get into the truck. i guess i will have to just take it to a locksmith and get them to count the pin lengths and make me a new one from scrath

Hey madizm620... If you give me the VIN I can run a scan for vehicle reports. PM me if interested for privacy... Also, the dealer should be able to get the key code from the vin... Hopefullly it fits the doors....

Bernard

Not sure about the Nissan key pinout, but my older fords (the ones without the security key) you could actually cut two keys on the same. The key cuts were as follow every second cut was for the doors and the other cuts were for the ignition. Basically my key would only work in one direction, but it saved me from having two keys on my key ring.

What I'm getting at is. Check with an actual locksmith (not home depot or such, cause when I'd go to see them to cut two keys on one they'd just argue it wouldn't work even if I knew it would). If Nissan works the same way, he might be able to incorporate your ignition to your door locks.

Denis

Guest Karter4

not too long ago my key wore down to the point that it will not unlock the doors anymore but will start the ignition. i've tried to go to a dealer to get the key code, but they told me that for my year (95) or my VIN that they did not have the key code recorded. is there any way to get a key made or get the key code off of an old key? or is there anyway to get the key code from some where else, so i don't have to change my locks and ignition?

not too long ago my key wore down to the point that it will not unlock the doors anymore but will start the ignition. i've tried to go to a dealer to get the key code, but they told me that for my year (95) or my VIN that they did not have the key code recorded. is there any way to get a key made or get the key code off of an old key? or is there anyway to get the key code from some where else, so i don't have to change my locks and ignition?

Go to a good locksmith, generally one that has been around for a long time rather than a new place or a chain of stores. My old 720's key was so worn down that it broke off in the door lock one night. Suprise to me! I pulled the pieces with tweezers and took it to a locksmith that knew what he was doing, and he was able to carefully make me a brand new key that worked on door locks and an ignition system that was about 250K miles old.

Well turns out Nissan couldn't find a key code available for my vin# so off to the locksmith i go. I'm going to get him to match the ignition to the door key that he makes to so i have one key for all. Thanks for all your input guys.

Cheers Eric

You have 2 different keys?! Must have been a replacement somewhere down the line I guess. As for that Bic picking, yeah. They ran a big piece on that in the Seattle PI like 6 months or 1 year ago. Its a huge issue, as there are so many health nuts that commute via bike, as well as all the students at UW and the other universities in town. They were a bit embarrased to have been pushing those locks on people as the ultimate solution. By the way, the U-lock style can also be easily beat in another way. Many cars have the scissor type jacks, where they extend like a giant accordian. Apparently people were grabbing the slimmest versions of those jacks they could find, probably from a Geo or something, and slipping them inside the U of the bike lock, then just extending it like you're jacking up the car. Apparently the various brands of U locks couldn't handle the force from the inside and would break. Good times.

• 2 weeks later...
"Man Picks Tubular Kryptonite Lock With Bic Pen"

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,64987,00.html

*snicker*

I decided I'd tell this guy that his Bull-locks were worthless. So I left a message in his CarDomain guestbook that read:

Ron, I hate to be the one to piss in your Cheerios, but your high-tech locks can be picked with a cheap BIC pen. You will want to delete this post if you have any hopes of selling your worthless locks.

He replies in my guestbook:

Ryan, There's NO WAY IN HELL these Locks can be picked with a BIC pen! You're probably referring to the Inferior SOLEX Brand, which I don't believe they are making anymore because they are flawed. This is the New and Improved Product. And Next time just send me an email, don't post that crap in my guestbook alright... Peace.

He then waits 2 hours and replies again:

and another thing, I don't know if you noticed the SEMI TRUCKS in the backgrounds of some of my pics, but I work for a MERCEDEZ BENZ and FREIGHTLINER HeavyDuty Truck Dealership, so trust me I know Heavy Duty when I see it

Please note the spontaneous capitalization of his words. It is like that through his whole page on CarDomain. Also please take note at the misspelling of Mercedes... It is a sad thing to not be able to spell the company you work for.

I then replied:

I know heavy-duty when I saw your mom last night.

He has since deleted both my posts and undoubtedly begun to pout. His CarDomain page is www.cardomain.com/id/ron_nissan for anybody curious.

Below is an attached image of his useless locks:

post-6-1109201705.jpg

I've thought about getting a set similar to those, just because my 88s locks are shot and any flat object can open them. Not to mention it would be cheaper to go with something like that over a properly keyed replacement for my truck. Hell, once I chop the top the door locks will be useless anyway sly