stock fender flares

PINION

howdy all, newby to the site. I have a 99 LE with no flares, going a little bigger on the wheels after lift. looking for a set of fender flares, stock used is fine, or if there is an after market flare also. sussed out new stock and would cost a hefty penny for all that I need.

thanks

Unless you really like the "flared" look or you're adding them to keep the cops off your back, why bother? Some of us have had no flares for a long time, if you need it for law enforcement reasons I would add some generic flares or get some from a wrecking yard. Not sure about NY law but here in California there's a myth that you can't have tires sticking out more than 3" from the body, but the code for fenders just says.............

V C Section 27600 Fenders and Mudguards
Fenders and Mudguards

27600. No person shall operate any motor vehicle having three or more wheels, any trailer, or semitrailer unless equipped with fenders, covers, or devices, including flaps or splash aprons, or unless the body of the vehicle or attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle and all such equipment or such body or attachments thereto shall be at least as wide as the tire tread. This section does not apply to those vehicles exempt from registration, trailers and semitrailers having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds, or any vehicles manufactured and first registered prior to January 1, 1971, having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds.

Check your states DMV codes to be sure of your laws which are probably different from CA. I think as long as your truck is legal in all other matters & you're not driving like an ass, most cops won't bother you. That seems to be how it is here in CA anyway. :D :itsallgood:

be aware that not all pathfinders with flares can transfer those flares to one without...I just replaced my driver side front fender..mine is a 00(no flares), the doner was an infinity with flares....the fender lines are just slightly different and the fender has holes for plugs to mount the flares on to ( I filled them) but the front marker light gap is a little bigger and the fender doesn't quite line up with the hood.

• Like 1

I was contemplating the same thing when I came across flexible flares, much like the EZ lip, you essentially glue it on and shape and form it how you see fit. Cheap too. Not sure if that's an option. If I find the link I'll add it in here.

Sent from Tapatalk

Unless you really like the "flared" look or you're adding them to keep the cops off your back, why bother? Some of us have had no flares for a long time, if you need it for law enforcement reasons I would add some generic flares or get some from a wrecking yard. Not sure about NY law but here in California there's a myth that you can't have tires sticking out more than 3" from the body, but the code for fenders just says.............

V C Section 27600 Fenders and Mudguards
Fenders and Mudguards

27600. No person shall operate any motor vehicle having three or more wheels, any trailer, or semitrailer unless equipped with fenders, covers, or devices, including flaps or splash aprons, or unless the body of the vehicle or attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle and all such equipment or such body or attachments thereto shall be at least as wide as the tire tread. This section does not apply to those vehicles exempt from registration, trailers and semitrailers having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds, or any vehicles manufactured and first registered prior to January 1, 1971, having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds.

Check your states DMV codes to be sure of your laws which are probably different from CA. I think as long as your truck is legal in all other matters & you're not driving like an ass, most cops won't bother you. That seems to be how it is here in CA anyway. :D :itsallgood:

not for legal reasons, A I don't like the look of it with out, and also the "stuff" that gets flung all over the truck just driving down the road. so its function and looks for me. thanks

be aware that not all pathfinders with flares can transfer those flares to one without...I just replaced my driver side front fender..mine is a 00(no flares), the doner was an infinity with flares....the fender lines are just slightly different and the fender has holes for plugs to mount the flares on to ( I filled them) but the front marker light gap is a little bigger and the fender doesn't quite line up with the hood.

The 96-99 pathfinder flares will bolt onto any preface lift pathy. While they don't have the side holes for the plugs, I used the holes that held on the wheel well lining to mount the flares I had as mine never came with them.

I have some that are brand new that I bought for mine and never used them they have sat in my work shed and I'd sell em if ya want

yes I do

pm me