CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

I knew it. But I guess Kyle didn't quite get the tone lol. Maybe if you hadn't sent me a pm the day before I would have been confused by it too lol.

Seriously though guys I'm very flattered by all the compliments I got throughout. I'm proud to have been an asset to the community and inspired some folks on here. This is still one of the best/ most fun forums I've been on.

Edited by CDN_S4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sad to see your truck go. It was one of those trucks that symbolizes what is possible, pushing IFS and Nissan to the extreme! I'm going to miss hopping onto NPORA every day to see if you've done any more upgrades!

• Like 4

We will miss your truck. I hope your buddy takes up the gauntlet in your stead and joins our ranks.

Also, how exactly is your cb antenna mounted?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Well so far there is no "buddy" yet. But once there is, I'll do my best to convince him to keep posting in this thread and document his adventures and changes to the vehicle here. Fingers crossed.

My antenna is mounted with a 90 degree antenna swivel mount that's screwed into the trunk opening.

38b349f032e1f3cdefd5c68dc1ac88bc.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Turns out my neighbour will be buying my Pathy. So it will stay in my life, I get to see it and know how it's doing and help him work on it. Couldn't have hoped for a better option.

6e3161686bc4b48a2871dca64f395111.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Once he takes it over I will try to convince him to keep the thread up.

In the meantime, I'm getting a lot of repair work done to it. Mostly rust repair. My shop won't have time until August, so I'll still have her a little while longer.

I've removed the roof rack as I'm planning on using it on my camping trailer and the lights will go on the new rack that's coming for the Jeep.

Looks a bit funny now like something's missing, but it does look clean!

d58babb440fe7d83c21b000b0923fdb5.jpg

4ab49943b22ee3799cb752838fae02f2.jpg

772361ec46109963075bf13a8d09d351.jpg

• Like 3

I'm interested to see more intimately how the front bumper fits into the body, as well as how it looks close up next to the wheel well. I'm thinking of doing something similar

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's the WJ bumper mod. Just search WJ bumper and you should get andy's original post about making the bumper fit and some in depth photos.

CDN also posted some when he did his mod, don't remember how in depth he went but it's worth a look seeing how he went about mounting it.

-Kyle

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So my attention has been drawn back to this forum today and skimming through it really made me miss it. It's a great community.

The old R50 is still unchanged, one driveway over at my neighbours. Although he doesn't look after it. It's rusting and just not happy looking ☹️

But I've had a blast building my Jeep and just wanted to share some photos and also direct your attention to my business: www.overlandlivingoutfitters.com

91e395f575b2538c8d55a54b678f54ea.jpg

41b9eff82df18dd8e16f79b45ed3e9e2.jpg

2bc9f1d5cfe3b2ed831f9b792aba2c5d.jpg

6d4a13f304b5b8603146b03a0c7a77d7.jpg

• Like 1

Glad to have you back, Virgil! I've been watching your progress on FB, and I'm impressed. Looks like you expanded fully into the Overland world; definitely wishing you the best of luck on those endeavors. Don't forget about us little people!

Bummer watching the old truck rust away from your driveway, though.

Take care!

• Like 1