CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

good job brother, glade to see you've sorted things out.

I've got one of the OEM overhead consoles (JY find) however no wiring or sensors for it to work. If you find a JY one remember to pull all the wiring that goes with it.

JY?! Are you still talking about the OEM Nissan console? Mine is just an XE so base model. But I found it was wired for most options, even heated seats and fog lights. Also has the temp sensor. Retrofit for an SE or LE console is detailed in a DIY but it entails modifying pins inside connectors and other things that make me cringe. But if I find a good one on a junk yard I'll be grabbing it. Sounds like a good winter DIY.

looks good. glade you got it sorted out

Thanks man. But I STILL have a horrible shaking in my steering from 60-70kmh. I know I need to have it rebalanced but man, it looks spot on with the naked eye, what the hell could be this off to cause this Parkinson's like shaking?!

• Like 1

If anyone else experienced this same problem there is a simple direction to follow; The spacers are numbered one and two. Number one goes on the driver side number two goes on the passenger side. Make sure the numbers face upwards this way there is only one configuration in which they can go in. Lesson learned the hard way.

I finally sorted out the wobble!!!! I cannot believe that out of all the places I took it to for alignments and just have it diagnosed, not one place suggested to ditch the spacers!! I took a close look and saw the wheel wobble. The spacers alone look fine, but I tried without them as I had nothing else left to try. Lo and behold, now the wheel was stable!! Tightened it all up, still clears the new calipers, and NO MORE WOBBLE!!!

Moral of the story, stay away from cheap generic spacers! Although now it looks a bit less wide. Might get 1.5" bolt on spacers front and back for that wide agressive stance.

3b8ac77b89ae02f84cb7f145ad5b4bd1.jpg

Honestly they were cheap. Not worth it.

At this point, I think a before and after pic is called for. I even took them in almost the same spot.

dd8edee3f1c7e33ecdf8dd11e47b0a23.jpg

f56155ce89dcf835936fb0054dc97109.jpg

• Like 3

Where they hub centric or lug centric wheel spacers?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Neither lol. El cheapo Canadian tire universal spacers. Never again lol. Not even on what seems to be small stuff, cheaping out never saves you money in the long run.

But on the bright side, due to that shaking, I've not got all new front suspension components as I replaced one by one, trying to find what was causing it. There is always a silver lining lol.

• Like 1

Haha cobwebs?! Hey now, I drive this thing!! That's muddy water that pooled behind the Beadlocks and dried. But yeah, kinda looks like cobwebs in that pic.

Awesome build. I read the whole thing like a crackhead at work today. Lots of ideas i had ive seen done and its great to motivate. My low buck build starts tomorrow. Now im jonesing to go!

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks man, glad you like it. It's been quite the year! I gotta say I absolutely love my pathy now. Almost all my off-road buddies drive JK's and as much as I like the look of them, they all look the same, all parts can be bought and bolt on. All you need is money. With an R50, you need to have your own vision, find creative solutions and build things or have things build if you aren't a fabricator yourself, like me. Not a day goes by that I don't think about something else to do to it or do with it. I can honestly say this Pathy changed my life. And I think my S4 is very jealous as I've been kinda neglecting it a bit lol.

Met with a mat tech today, brainstormed some ideas for sliders. Can't wait.

Thanks guys. It was blast. Not knowing where were were really going as the map was not reflective of the ground, I truly felt like a Path Finder lol. Good times.

I suppose sometimes I take for granted living this close to the wilderness. Got mountains, lakes, rivers, woods, swamps and lots of mud lol. This province is a sponge.

When I see people's pics of their desert and real mountain excursions I wish I lived somewhere dry.

I know what you mean! I always wish I lived in the Southwest too, grass is always greener I guess. Great pics looks like fun. Did you need the winch yet?

I haven't needed the winch for self extraction yet because my Pathy is awesome and goes everywhere lol. But I've used it to recover my stuck lawn tractor twice and once to pull out a dock that was washed up on my shore after the spring flood.

In a way I use my winch every time since it gives me a whole new level of mental confidence to accept greater risks of getting stuck.

Some pics from just now

Washed it. (More like hosed it off)

bef02c56b97f01f858a823a628a35dfc.jpg

f504e8fe8b9f32a238712ddbf867faef.jpg

And some my Xterra buddy took on the last trip

8ed8558841fc1bda61b1d1ceccadedc9.jpg

5e0de7ef55593d6956e6cbb693ef3596.jpg

78d9ade7d3b5aee3d0a9fd2fa645c57c.jpg

f1a9ebab88f0f0a83bd0f41f9a872c85.jpg

a9ed3a4f5a1130588b1173f21fef52e3.jpg

Yes I will need to replace my LED's. Good thing a got a no questions asked warranty on them.

• Like 2

It was very rainy for a few days. It kinda looks like rain Forrest. But the climate is a moderate maritime climate. Warm summers and cold winters. There are actually quite a few camps /cabins on the lakes in that area. But we didn't camp out there. This was just a day run. But I'm planning a 4 day trip in the region next summer with a bunch of people from Expo that went on the Main Train Expedition. If anyone here lives within reasonable distance (New England, QC, ON, NS) or if you really wanna travel, anyone on here is more than welcome. I can put up the details if anyone would be interested.

09ffe6d84ef8071f79c952cc25365f35.jpg