CDN_S4 build thread

CDN_S4

Looks excellent, nice work on those hole-fillers too. I agree it seems to stick out more on the facelifted models, but overall the results still look really nice. Definitely making me consider one of those.

Thanks. I love it. I've always hated the face lifted bumper. I find the ARB bumper to be too bulky. I think this one could be brought in to be a bit less stand-outish with some modifications to the grill.

Expedition was a great success. The pathy held up with no issues at all. Hauled all my junk and was definitely over weight. But she's a trooper and did a solid job.

5bb9840e69a75fe0ff368ef1803bbde4.jpg

bf3962c82737e0759d2be900150df256.jpg

627aa4a937d8612154d6702606197b5a.jpg

425604a2084711f8556a4b59f931693c.jpg

1472315218d870ed9ffca881f997b83a.jpg

79b3382864f1500889d68bc1e4281aaa.jpg

• Like 2

This is actually in Maine. Was a trip organized by someone on Expo. 11 vehicles total. This was a family trip so I had my wife and toddler in tow, which means a LOT more gear than I would take if I was by myself.

As you can see the truck sits pretty level when fully loaded. So I'm worried that if I put on the SFD that it will sit higher in the front than the back. What else can I do to keep the back higher or stiffer? I already have OME MD springs and 2" spacers with longer Bilstein shocks.

As you can see the truck sits pretty level when fully loaded. So I'm worried that if I put on the SFD that it will sit higher in the front than the back. What else can I do to keep the back higher or stiffer? I already have OME MD springs and 2" spacers with longer Bilstein shocks.

Remember: subframe spacers don't add any lift. Strut spacers do, but that's why we talked about not using them.

What about rear air bags? http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/37190-air-lift-1000-leveling-air-bags/

Hey man not to be off topic but how much in total do you think you've invested in your rig if you don't mind my asking it's beautiful

Thanks. I haven't tallied it all up, but the sum of its parts exceeds the black book value lol. I don't think I actually want to know lol

Remember: subframe spacers don't add any lift. Strut spacers do, but that's why we talked about not using them.

What about rear air bags? http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/37190-air-lift-1000-leveling-air-bags/

Really?! I thought it would add 4" if I don't use the strut spacers but keep my lift coils and spacers. Maybe I will need to ditch Fleury's spacers and use the strut spacers after all. I do need more lift. Without load I just have too much rake.

Really?! I thought it would add 4" if I don't use the strut spacers but keep my lift coils and spacers. Maybe I will need to ditch Fleury's spacers and use the strut spacers after all. I do need more lift. Without load I just have too much rake.

Wouldn't lie. It's a misnomer to call the "subframe drop" a "lift"...it's only a lift because it includes 4" tall strut spacers. Switching from Fleurys' spacers to the KR spacers will net more lift than you want up front (if you want to stay level, that is). If you go with them, you'd need to get more rear lift.

Edited by hawairish

So how can I get more rear lift? Are there extended trailing arms? The airbags definitely seem like a good option to prevent sag. Hawaiirish you say that my front would sit too high, but my rear has about 4" of lift, and with the tremendous weight of the bumper and winch, my front is really sagging!

Oh yeah, your new bumper and winch...in that case, assuming your B&W combo consumes a good amount of your lift, then swapping the strut spacers may actually do you good.

Without custom/WJ rear springs, you could add another spacers depending on your setup, but it's one of those things I'm wary of suggesting. If you have Fleurys' spacers, I'd only suggest adding a spacer that goes above the spring instead of stacking them, but I don't think more than one spacer per side is recommended.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Any recommendations for upper spacers? I have my fleury spacers on the bottom. Or can his be placed in either location?

Is there any "off the shelf" solution for the range of the trailing arms since they move further forward the higher te lift gets.

Have you looked into airlift bags to help with the extra weight? I had some on mine. when I loaded the pathfinder down for camping, I'd add a few psi to bring the rear up from the added weight.

Yeah I'll get some airbags. I have an air compressor already. I read through the air bag thread. Am just not entirely sure on how to hook it up. What I mean is, should I leave a permanent air hose in the trunk that I simply snap the connector on to? Or do I hook it up to the bags themselves? Or is it all just personal preference? Will do some digging around but it sounds like what I need.

Yeah I'll get some airbags. I have an air compressor already. I read through the air bag thread. Am just not entirely sure on how to hook it up. What I mean is, should I leave a permanent air hose in the trunk that I simply snap the connector on to? Or do I hook it up to the bags themselves? Or is it all just personal preference? Will do some digging around but it sounds like what I need.

Personal preference. The more common setup I've seen is tee'ing the two together and running hose to some easily accessible point.

• Like 1

If you want to inflate/deflate/pressure-check the airbags manually, use a T-fitting to connect both airbags together and run a single airline to a conveniently accessible location, where you install a Schrader valve to inflate/deflate them.

If you truly want an onboard installation, install a dedicated compressor for just the airbags.

https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/compressor-systems/loadcontroller/