Air Conditioning (A/C) not working

brytek

The Air Conditioning (A/C) on my 1992 Terrano R3M Turbo Diesel is currently not working.

The vents are blowing out at room temprature when A/C button is pressed, the A/C button bulb no longer lights up like it use to.

I have tried pulling of the face of the air conditioning panel and fiddling with the connectors to the actual A/C button to no avail.

Might need to refill the refrigerant for it, and the bulb could have just blown.

Just wondering if anybody has had similar problems or can help in anyway.

Sweet as, thanks. :D

-Blake

First thing to check is with the truck running and the AC turned on see if the clutch on the AC compressor is turning, if not you may be low on freon, to check this without gauges find the low pressure (dual pressure switch) usually near the accumulator/drier, unplug the connector, should be 2 wires (2 terminals) jump the 2 terminals with a paper clip or piece of wire, if the clutch engages you most likely are low on freon.

Also check any of the AC hoses for oily residue on them near the crimp on fittings, because the AC system uses freon and oil, usually a leak is easy to spot as the oil collects dirt , also check any metal AC lines, my sentra the clutch cable was rubbing on a metal AC line and wore a hole into it one time.

The bulb being out in the switch may just be the bulb and may not indicate the AC system is out, as far as I know the lamp not coming on does not indicate the AC is not working, it just lets you know the switch is on.

Good luck

Edited by ahardb0dy

Have you checked the fuses? I think the one for the cig lighter will make the a/c not work for some reason.

+1

mine was like that when i bought it then i change the cig lighter fuse it and it was ice cold

Just got around to fixing it today and realized that the fuse box is in Japanese.

Can anybody be able to tell me which fuse is for the ciggy lighter? Or even better give me a diagram in English. Would check the owners manual but that's in Japanese as well. Engine model is TD27T and its a 1992 Nissan Terrano R3m.

Thanks a bunch.

zils9f.jpg

5vqghx.jpg

I have the exact same Terrano as you mate, everything is in Japanese so the only way you are going to find the fuse is pull each one out and check it. Either that or buy a book on how to speak Japanese lol

JDM yo! :lol:

On the off chance the fuse boxes are laid out similarly, this is my fuse panel (VG30E round dash):

IMG_0022_zps2b18ac87.jpg

Edit: The layout looks just about the same, now that I'm looking at it... so it's probably the one to the left of the two for the blower motor.

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

All fixed, turns out it was just the blown Cig Lighter fuse. A/C now blowing ice cold and Cig Lighter working as usual.

Big thanks to everybody who helped out, much appreciated. :D

Edit: Spelling Error

Edited by brytek

• 1 year later...