Another Australian on the forum,

Darmin

Hi guys,

I recently picked up an R50 2001 pathfinder (previously had three d21's over time). It came pretty much standard which I liked.

It has slight hail damage, but as I want it to explore the desert, beach's and other places that didn't worry me.

I started collecting parts for it even before I purchased it, much to my wife's dismay.

Located an Arb Sahara bar $600au, warn hubs ($100au) and a set of ironman springs form $150 from gumtree (like Craig's list). Both springs and hubs were brand new as well.

As the wife was tired of tripping over all the bits I bit the bullet and order a set of ultima shocks and struts and spent the last two days fitting it all. (If only fitting the springs were as easy as the hubs.)

The only issue with the lift I have is it makes the wheels look small. As our road laws only allow a 50mm increase in height total through wheels, suspension etc I am stuck with the smaller wheels unless the springs settle a little more.

Once I Finnish uploading the pics to photo bucket will put the before and afters up.

Next on the build list is a set of draws, fridge slide and dual battery set up. (Fridge and dual battery kit already purchased, just waiting on the draws to fit it all in neatly.

Down the track is the aim for a lokka and rear bar with tyre carrier.

Welcome to NPORA!

It sounds like you know what you want and what you are doing, so that makes things easier.

The springs will settle slightly, but I'm afaid it is going to basically look like that. The good news is your gearing/mileage won't be off as well as your speedometer. I knew about the 50mm law but thought that was suspension related only, not including tire size. That is a bit too restrictive. You can tell who ever came up with that law wasn't an offroader...

There have been a few people who have built drawers/sliders and accomodated fridges so look in the Members Rides section at the bottom of the main page if you want some ideas (or search). I want to say KiwiPete is one of them...

You might want to invest in a rear bumper with integral tow hitch and a swing out tire carrier, and perhaps some skid plates since you are so low.

I look forward to seeing what you have and what you do with it. Cheers! :beer:

B