Help Disconnecting Fuel Inj. Wiring

mikestewart395

I am full of questions today people. I have read to test which injector is bad you need to disconnect them one at a time. My injectors have a rubber boot on the top, peeling it back it looks like the wires are soldered on, and those wires run to one big connector that has a lot of wires hooked to it. I can't disconnect them one by one. If I were to buy them new(I will soon) how am I supposed to put the new wires on? Sounds silly I know. But in OHM testing I barely lifted the boot, I didn't want to tear it.

Cut and solder or take a safety pin or small jewelers screw driver and pull the tab inside the main big harness plug to remove the wires from there. By doing it that way you can disconnect the injectors separately.

• Like 1

Good idea. I have a soldering gun. Toiling with this for a couple weeks now. I'll get right on testing it tonight. I have troubleshot everything else. Now I will know if it is the injector for sure.

where the wires com e off the injector and go into the clip thing the back of it should pop off and you pull the injector wires out from that end of the deal (im a little late on getting here) but i just replaced a injector on my 88 a week or so ago, did you get a refurbished one or new one?