Glass Vs Plastic Headlights Who Has What

ONCEBITN

The 1996 to 1999 pathfinder have glass. All qx4 have plastic because it's a different style of light. Why yours is different is strange. Can you post a picture of your truck?

That's what interesting to me, i have an early model pathfinder which i'm fairly certain has plastic (OEM) lights, and then my JDM projectors are the for the updated model and those are for sure plastic. So yeah, i'm confused.

-Kyle

That's what interesting to me, i have an early model pathfinder which i'm fairly certain has plastic (OEM) lights, and then my JDM projectors are the for the updated model and those are for sure plastic. So yeah, i'm confused.

-Kyle

welcome to my world, ive been looking at the qx4s and ive only found one other with glass and it was the exact same color as mine and same year

Plastics fade and fog over to that nasty yellow tint glass don't and they stay clear as glass lol...

exactly, plus i was curious about the different headlights

-Kyle

I'm editing this to say that my early model lights are indeed glass.

-Kyle

-Kyle

1984 D720, 2 1995 WD21XE and a 1999.0 R50SE. All Glass...

Interesting. I have to ask though, why does glass vs plastic matter?

Because plastic sucks...

B

• Like 1

odd, oh well seems we have beat this horse to death, i just bought a 98 qx4 and it has plastic headlights, so im no where closer to understand what years had them and what didnt

Plastics fade and fog over to that nasty yellow tint glass don't and they stay clear as glass lol...

But you can restore the fading.... :shrug: