31 to 33's , Need spacer info

mikestewart395

I'm going to move up from 31x10.50 to 33 12.50 My tire guy said I need spacers. I am curious as to how wide would be ideal. I like the 2 inch but I read somewhere there is a point where too wide would be murder on the bearings. I don't know. Along with this I am going to do a 3" Body Lift.

I haven't messed with tire sizes/spacers but I imagine your rims (and their offset) will play heavily into this. I'd be inclined to do the lift, fit the tires, and then have a look at clearances.

Hopefully somebody running a similar setup knows more about it.

If you are running stock rims or with rims with no offset, then I would grab atlease 1" spacers, you shouldn't have rubbing issues with the body lift. Spacers are hard on your wheel bearings, but ain't terrible, personally I'd look for a set of offset rims (negative or positive not sure which one you need I always get them confused...) I don't like running spacers unless I have too

I have aftermarket rims, but my tire guy said I would need them. Putting a 12.50 on my current rims will make them balloon out an inch more on each side. Spacers I guess would be inner wall rub insurance. I think that was his thinking.