Can't have anything nice

Just as the title says... Bought the thing Saturday, Tuesday it caught a rock from a dump truck on the windshield , and she just called me, someone Rear ended her; mother f.....

I feel that. Less than a week after I bought my Beetle brand new, someone put a whiskey dent in the rear-driver's side fender. No note, no nothing. Speaking of that, I need to get that fixed. . . .

The most impressive one I have ever seen was a bout two years ago. The guy bought a brand new Juke, he got to the end of the main front driveway of the store after buying it, turned onto the four lane freeway service road into the far right lane and and got rear ended by a vehicle that decided at the last minute to go from the far left to far right lane into the lane he had just entered. He owned the vehicle for about 50 feet.

It was totaled and IIRC had 8 miles on the odometer.

Edited by Alkorahil
  • Like 3

The most impressive one I have ever seen was a bout two years ago. The guy bought a brand new Juke, he got to the end of the main front driveway of the store after buying it, turned onto the four lane freeway service road into the far right lane and and got rear ended by a vehicle that decided at the last minute to go from the far left to far right lane into the lane he had just entered. He owned the vehicle for about 50 feet.

It was totaled and IIRC had 8 miles on the odometer.

Oh my.

I dont think there's any one upping that.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my.

I dont think there's any one upping that.

Well I'm going to try :)

Picture it...Canadian month of March...Montreal = winter...A friend of mine from school had been dying for a few months to receive his custom ordered Volkswagen Corrado VR6.

Its just arrived late Friday and he's over the moon to pick it up on Monday from the dealership...the dealer parks it way back alone in the corner of the lot...over the weekend there is a crazy snow storm that dumps almost 2 feet.

The guy goes to pick up the car...only to find out the snow removal guys have covered it with a mountain of snow. When they finally dug it out the car was mashed from the weight. The front end was crunched from snow being pushed into it.

• Like 2

Yeah the only thing better I could say is if it happened in the parking lot as he was getting into it

Simon has a friend who totaled a new motorcycle before getting it off the lot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember a story that happened to a friend...

They had just bought a car, a Honda Civic. Signed the paperwork and everything, brand new off the truck. The dealer went out to get it and bring to the front of the building for them.

That was the plan at least. He ended up having a seizure during the drive and smashed the civic into 2-3 cars, destroying the axle and completely totalling the car.

Needless to say, they walked away from that deal........ I didn't agree. I think they should have used that opportunity to get another Civic and get some sweet deals on top of it.

The dealer was OK btw.

• 2 weeks later...

The only one i know:

one of our outside sales reps was at the Ducati dealership taking a demo out for a test drive. The odo had 2 kilometers on it, the color was perfect, it was the exact model he wanted with the options he wanted and the only one east of Alberta. Pulled out of the dealership did about 150 feet and someone driving a truck missed a stop. The rep, being a mountain biker, had the reaction to chuck the bike forward. The bike was totalled, he bounced off of the front wheel/tire and spent a few hours in the hospital. Luckiest guy i think i've ever met!

• 1 month later...

I heard one on the radio they were asking callers about things that have happened to something new they they bought. This guy called in and said he had just bought a brand new Ford Falcon, was driving on the freeway towards home and got stuck behind a pickup loaded with building material. He described the 'twinkling' noise as a load of nails bounced off the hood and left nice little scratches all on the brand new paint and chip marks all over the windscreen. He got home to discover nails in front tyres and he was stupid enough to pull them out and tyres went flat. It just wasn't his day I guess.

• 2 years later...

A few weeks after we got my wife's new car I got her a remote start for it... My mom drove it to get it done as my wife and I both have jobs we can't miss unplanned... My mom backed into a pole leaving the shop. The car has a backup camera and my mom was watching it. Still haven't figured that one out.

And this past week a truck put a rock into the windshield of that car and the ins won't pay for tint replacement that was 2 days old when it happened!!

Last brand new car I'm ever buying, ever. Everytime I look at it there is a new parking lot ding or scratch.

I owe more on the dang thing than my house and I want to set it on fire because I can't (have anything nice)